In this article I will provide for you varies of ways you can save money on food during spring break. 10 tips including strategies to save money, places to get cheap food, and what to eat. For those who travel and for those who don’t, feel free to try out these tips.
1. If you spend your spring break at home you can go grocery shopping for cheap ingredients at a nearby costco then cook your own food at home. This is most efficient, money saving, and healthy way to enjoy a good meal during spring break. You can also make someone else like a friend cook for you instead if you want.
2. If you are going to stay at a hotel or resort of some place, most of the times they have a kitchen. If you are cheap and get a hotel without one you should bring a rice cooker, this baby can work magic. I usually bring rice cooker with some rice, cup noodles, or other food you can boil. You can use it as a pot to boil things but u can also use it as a container to carry things. Very handy piece of equipment.
3. Also another way to save money is instead of buying sandwiches, make a ton of them before you leave. I’m not talking about those small sandwiches, I’m talking about those giant French bread sandwiches packed with a whole lot of meat. They never get old no matter how many you eat and they sure do fill you up.
4. If you like fast food because it is cheap and would rather eat fast food then going to a sit down restaurant, then eat at Mc Donald. Mc Donald is known for its extremely cheap food, it is also in so many different locations including different countries like Korea and Japan. They have a dollar menu for you broke tourists.
5. TGI Fridays, the best place to dine. Get a great meal for such a great price and the service is excellent too. Personally TGI Friday is my favorite cheap dining restaurant. Has really cheap happy hours, not that it isn’t already cheap and its even better on Fridays. Visit http://www.tgifridays.com for the menu.
6. Another good way for a quality meal for cheap is to order Pizza. This is only cheap if u have a lot of people. Order the 555 pizza mia deal from pizza hut. Or the Domino’s 5 for 5 deal are both cheap for a large quantity food. It may be cheaper if u pick up the pizza then getting it delivered.
7. Bring or buy microwave food like deep dish, hot pocket, frozen dinner, etc. Almost all resorts have a microwave. Although it isn’t healthy to only eat microwave food it does take the hungry away and fill you up. So if its for a few days it would be okay to just eat TV dinner.
8. Best way to save money on meals is to not eat at all. Go on a diet that requires not very many meals or excluding certain food. It is possible to survive many days with out food. It is also a good way to lose weight. Diets my vary and must be chosen wisely. Look up websites about diet before deciding on a diet.
9. If you are born with the skills that not many have of eating, you can get free food. Fatburgers have a challenge where you eat a really big hamburger and if u can finish it you don’t have to pay but if you can’t you have to. If you are up for the challenge then travel to different Fatburgers and eat it up.
10. Lastly, if you truly want to save money you will hunt your own food. Not recommended, but if you enjoy hunting, fishing or picking fruits, berries, etc. You may want to look for a place where it is LEGAL to do so. It will make you feel like a man to be able to catch your own food and will increase your abilities to survive in the wild.