This year, 2008, the Christmas gifts we give will be even more budget friendly than usual due to the present economic recession. These 10 last-minute inexpensive Christmas gifts under $10 are presented here just as suggestions in your gift choice. Some people, even in good economic times are naturally frugal. For these people, Christmas 2008 will be business as usual and they will continue to purchase practical, low priced or inexpensive Christmas gifts for under 10 dollars. After I got married, I learned to be more frugal and most of the Christmas gifts I usually purchase are under $10. There are many inexpensive Christmas gift choices, which can also be useful too. Some might include the following:
1. Box of Tea: My father-in-law is very fond of the taste of green tea, and he always appreciates receiving different tea varieties. There are many flavors available in our modern supermarkets. After buying the tea, you may prepare a nice gift bag and place the tea box or boxes inside the gift bag.
2. Rain Poncho: If you live in a very rainy area, this is a very useful garment. I remember one day when I was caught in the rain, as I came out from a supermarket. I wished I had a rain poncho to use at that time.
3. Slippers: After a full day of having our feet trapped in shoes, when one gets home it would be nice to remove our shoes and relax by wearing some nice slippers, especially on Christmas Day. These can be purchased in many discount stores and come in a variety of styles. Some slippers envelop the whole foot for a cozy warm feeling, and some are similar to sandals.
4. Posters: If you know what the gift recipient likes, then you may chose some nice poster, which they may display in their home. The poster might be of a sports figure or it may show a nice outdoor panorama.
5. Mouse Pad: Most of us now use a computer at one time or another. A mouse pad is an inexpensive computer related item that wears out and needs to be replaced many times.
6. Weekly Planner: Busy people at times need to write down their most important chores or appointments. A weekly planner would definitely help.
7. Pen: An inexpensive pen might go together with the weekly planner so that the gift recipient will be prepared to write down their appointments in their weekly planner.
8. Screwdriver Set: During times that I needed a screwdriver, sometimes the right size screwdriver was hard to find. A generic screwdriver set would be nice to have at times like that. This might turn out to be a very useful inexpensive and practical Christmas gift.
9. Cloth Napkins: This is an item that might not be purchased regularly, but it would be nice to have a set for everyday use.
10. Box of Chocolate: Provided that the gift recipient can eat chocolate, then this gift would be appreciated not only at Christmas but also throughout the year.
There are many other Christmas gifts for under $10 for 2008. I hope that the above last-minute gift list will help you in your choice. I also hope that we all remember the reason for the season and not be caught up just in materialistic pursuits. Have a nice Christmas.