Tired of giving the same old flowers and box of chocolates for St. Valentine’s Day? Here are some unique gifts you can purchase that your partner is sure to love and will keep for years.
1. Large Picture Made Up of All Your Smaller Pictures – This is one of my favorites. This website will take one of your favorite photos, say your wedding photo for example, and create it by using hundreds of your other pictures. It is truly something you need to see for yourself. Just visit Picture Evolution . This is an item your Valentine will display proudly for years to come.
2. Have A Puzzle Made. You can have their favorite photo made into a heart shaped puzzle. You can even specify how many pieces you would like it to be made from. Awesome fun for them to put together and would look great glued in a frame when completed. Jigsaw2order is one site that offers this service. There are others. Simply search in Google under “Photo Puzzle”
3. Vermont Teddy Bear. This company has been around for ages and there is a good reason why. They have such a great selection of different stuffed bears that you can choose from. Extremely well made and you can even have their little t-shirts personalized for your loved ones. Some even come with little miniature roses and candies. Simply visit VermontTeddyBear.com.
4. Personalized Candy Jar With Hershey Kisses. This is another great keepsake. You can have this clear glass jar engraved with up to 7 “custom conversation hearts” and it comes filled to the top with Hershey Kisses. A great item for them to keep refilling and use all year long. You can order this item at Personalizationmall.com
5. Heirloom Photo Blanket or Throw. Take your loved ones favorite photos and have them stitched into a blanket. Very easy to do. Simply upload 9 of your photos through the computer and PersonalCreations.com will do the rest. Another gift they will keep for years.
6. Have Your Own Loveopoly Game Created. Is your Valentine a board game fan? Then this gift would be perfect for them. Simply upload your digital photos to PersonalCreations.com and they will do the rest. You get to customize the entire game by inserting 22 different events and places that are personal to the two of you (such as 1st date, vacations, birth of a child, etc.). The board measures 12″ x 12″ and comes with dice, cards, currency and game pieces. You will however need to allow up to 2 weeks for delivery.
7. Personalized Photo Frame. There are a couple of websites that can do this quickly and easily. All they require is that you upload your photo and the names that you want engraved. Personalcreations.com has these frames as well.
8. Dipped Roses. Instead of buying roses that will die in less than a week, how about having them preserved forever? The website wwwarttowngifts.com will dip roses in 24 K gold so they can be kept for a lifetime. They will also dip them in silver or platinum if that is what you prefer.
9. Fruit Bouquet. You may have seen this advertised on television. EdibleArrangements.com will make an awesome bouquet out of fresh fruit that looks truly amazing! The best part is you can also have the fruit dipped in chocolate. They have bouquets especially for Valentine’s Day, so check out their website for some delicious gift ideas.
10. Simply Be Creative. What is their favorite book or movie? Do they have dolls, posters or books from that movie that they might like? What kind of items do they collect? Ebay is the perfect place to find hard-to-find items to add to their collection. This way they know that you were really thinking of them personally instead of buying some generic gift.