A romantic night out at a restaurant can be hard to come by, especially since many restaurants book up by Valentine’s Day. Try these tried-and-true romantic restaurants in Charlottesville, Va., to enjoy a special night out that you and your loved one will remember for a long time.
1. The creme-de-la-creme of Charlottesville romantic cuisine is Fleurie Restaurant. This French eatery is located on a quieter wing of the Downtown Mall. Grab a cozy booth and a wine list, which has a terrific selection. The main courses range from shrimp risotto to the rack of lamb, and all of them are delicious. The staff is attentive, but not too attentive, giving you and your loved one plenty of time to whisper sweet nothings to one another. Visit the restaurant’s Web site or call (434) 971-7800 for reservations.
2. Fellini’s #9 is another terrific romantic restaurant on West Market Street in Charlottesville. The Southern Italian cuisine is served in portions that don’t overwhelm you. The wood interior is welcoming and homey, as is the fire lit in the main dining room. Be sure to make a reservation at (434) 979-4279, as Fellini’s is popular and also serves as a music venue some nights.
3. Just 10 minutes from downtown Charlottesville is an estate that will take your breath away as you take bites of savory food. Keswick Hall’s luxurious dining rooms are open and bright while still retaining a romantic feel. The chefs there are world-class, and tend to have special menus available for holidays such as Valentine’s Day. If you don’t feel like leaving the rolling hills and spa, book a night at the hotel too. Visit Keswick’s Web site for more information on reservations for Valentine’s Day.
4. L’Etoile Restaurant on West Main Street is an elegant, romantic restaurant in the heart of downtown Charlottesville. The multiple dining rooms offer a variety of romantic views while you sip wines recommended for your dinner. Much of the food is produced locally. Please note that dinner only is served Wednesday through Saturday, but Valentine’s a la carte specials will be available for the holiday week. Call (434) 979-7957 to make reservations.
5. Romance and history collide at the Prospect Hill Plantation Inn & Restaurant. This 1732 plantation has small yet charming interiors, pretty views and a four-course prie-fixe menu available for couples who are just stopping by the romantic restaurant for Valentine’s Day. Call (800) 277-0844 for reservations and directions.