Using this technique, you could achieve a refreshed outlook in as little as 7 minutes. Almost anyone may barrow this basic technique to develop mental clarity as well as physical balance. Dedicate 30 seconds to 3 minutes to each of the following steps to start your day or as a warm up for more vigorous activity or for short-term holistic renewal any time.
- Kneel in a comfortable position with your spine straight and your head level and looking forward.
- Close your eyes, and feel your heart beat.
- Imagine the flow of blood from your heart flooding the center of your body and around your belly. Feel the warm, nurturing power of your blood flow from the center of your body to your skin and into your extremities and beyond. Let it relax all of your muscles in the torso and neck.
- Visualize the motion extending as a form of resonant energy outside of your entire body in every direction.
- Feel your mind be still. Hear the sounds and silence around you.
- Feel the pleasing sensation of being fully in the present.
- Now, breathe. Inhale as deeply as you can comfortably, hold for as long as you can comfortably, and exhale as deeply as you can comfortably. Repeat this procedure until you feel satisfied with the air your body has exchanged with the world around you.
- Feel the stability of your relaxed body and calm mind. Be completely aware the world around you and your thoughts may be in motion, but at the center of it all, you are still.
- Now, slowly open your eyes and look forward. Keep your eye lids relaxed, and see as far as you can. Look at the first object your eyes fall upon, and then imagine looking through it and past it as far as you can. Relax your facial and cranial muscles as best as you can.
- Stand up, raised your hands above you, bend at the waist, and try to touch your toes. Feel the stretch along the back of your legs and over your back to your shoulders.
- Return to a normal standing position but assume a very wide stance. Keep your ffeet parallel and toes forward. Bend your knees until the upper leg is about parallel to the ground while keeping your spine perpendicular to the ground. Place your palms together fingers up in front of your chest and push your wrists toward the ground until you feel your fingers stretch.
- Return to a normal standing position. Breathe deeply and visualize any negativity escaping from your body and mind. Smile to yourself, and move along with your day knowing you can come back here as often as you need to.
Perform these steps as if in slow motion. Be as deliberate as possible, and observe how you feel before, during, and after. Don’t get caught up in perfecting the technique. Focus more on the results, and adjust it to your needs.