Congratulations you have written or perhaps just got your own book published but what do you do now? How do you go about getting book sales, how do you promote your book?
If you are looking for a few ideas and ways that you can promote your new self published book then here are a few:
1. Get blogging, blog about your book, blog bout what you do, blog about anything and everything, build up a readership and fan base. Don’t go for the hard sell instead build up a fan base and a large number of site visitors and sure enough in time they will take more of an interest in your work nd your new book! Best of all blogging is free, if you use wordpress.com or blogger.com.
2. Use press releases. Send these out to local press, media and online sources such as www.prweb.com
3. Get your own website, be it a free website from a site such as www.webs.com or a fully custom design, hosted site, make sure you get your own web presence that tells the whole world just what you do and what you have to offer.
4. Get business cards printed with your books cover on one side and your contact info on the other, hand out at networking events and wherever else appropriate.
5. Hold some events, no matter how small or large hold events that can raise and gain publicity for your book, from holding a book launch to organising book talks, just do something! Get your name and book known and remember to send out press releases to let the press and media know what you are up to and why they would be interested.
6. Get talking about your book, get others including friends, family and loved ones talking about your book, nothing is better and cheaper than word of mouth, so what are you waiting for.
7. Get some reviews, If you want to promote and market your book and get sales in the process then its best to get some reviews. Have a look at valid places who will review your book, and not just people who after a copy. Set aside a few copies of your book and send them to people who will provide valid, valuable and worthwhile online and offline reviews of your book.
8. Get a book signing or two. Ring around local bookstores see if you can organise a book signing there, inform the media in advance and get your book out there. Have leaflets, flyers and business cards to hand at each book signing you do as you never know who you might meet.
9. Keep writing, to further promote your book you need to keep your eye on the ball and stay on top of your game, in other word its best to keep writing and publishing your work, or getting it published, as no one likes a one hit wonder. So write another book, a manuscript, some articles, press releases and so on.
I hope you have found this article both useful and helpful, Remember that success doesn’t usually happen overnight. Good luck with promoting, marketing and selling your book. I wish you every success.