Starting an eBay business is easy, getting your name, brand and products out there, known and recognised in such a huge market place is a little less easy, and a bit more challenging, having said that though it is not impossible.
Here are a few ways you could promote, advertise and market your eBay business.
1. Through word of mouth – through telling everyone and anyone from your family to your friends and their friends about your business, what it does, what it sells and how great and beneficial it is to them.
2. Through flyers and business cards, hand these out to people you know and get them to pass them around.
3. Through writing articles, and then putting your businesses information, contact details, and link to your store in your Authors Resource box.
4. Through getting to know other eBay sellers. Take advantage of their knowledge and experiences, get to know what they are doing, what they are about, and more importantly what they have tried, failed or succeeded at with regards to promoting your eBay business.
5. Promote offline – Offline promotion is just as important as online, so promote through press and news releases.
6. Build up a good brand and reputation – eBay is an ideal platform for you to build up a platform and name on, all it takes is a little effort, patience and planning. Provide top Customer service, good value for money products, and amazing unbeatable prices and both your business and pocket will surely start to soon feel the benefit.
7. Through a blog, create a blog using a free host/blog account and away you go, talk about what makes you and your business special, why should people buy from you, what types of products you offer and the cost of these products.
8. Create and distribute a newsletter – get people to sign up to your free newsletter and give them exclusive news and updates on everything from your opening hours to your postage prices and delivery times. Keep people informed and interested as well as advertising your eBay business and hopefully gaining more customers in the process.
9. Join forces with another seller or eBay business/store owner, try to find someone who’s products and services compliment yours, and offer to promote theirs and likewise.
These are just a few ways you can start promoting your eBay business/shop/store today. Remember to do a bit of something everyday that promotes or gets your business out there and you should soon start to see the results.