There are many ways you can promote, advertise or market a business online, but how about offline, well if your struggling to come up with some ideas, here are 9 ideas/ways to get you started.
1. By giving away freebies, from pens to mouse mats and umbrellas – give away freebies when people enquire about products, when they place their order and so on.
2. Through your friends and family, and through their friends, contacts and associates. Get them to tell everyone and anyone about your business and how it could help them, in time they will spread the word about your business as will there contacts and family.
3. Through sending out Christmas cards to both existing customers and clients and future prospects, personalise cards with your business contact details, address, website and so on.
4. By getting involved within your local community. By helping organise events, by sponsoring local teams and so on. Be active within your community to generate more advertising and promotion for your business.
5. Through sales promotions e.g. buy on get on free, 10% off and so on. Sales promotions help you generate more interest in your business, they are an effective promotion and advertisement for your business, as they can and normally do have a nationwide appeal, especially if your business has a website where people can buy your products and service from.
6. Through writing and sending out press and news releases. Write and send out newsworthy press release at every event you can to get your business name in the headlines. Its free advertising and promotion, and normally quite effective.
7. Through articles, editorials, magazine features, and stories about you and your business. Writing and submitting these yourselves, or by sending out press release to magazines and so on and explaining how they could use your press release as the backbone for feature or maybe even an editorial.
8. Through advertising in your local business directory or yellow/white pages. Advertise and promote your business locally and as time passes the local word will spread. Advertising in business directories and yellow/white pages can reach hundreds of thousands of people in a wide variety or areas.
9. By advertising on billboards and notice boards. From advertising on church notice boards, to advertising on small notice boards and billboards in supermarkets for example.
I hope this article has been of use to you. Good luck I wish you every success.