I have been so good this year. I have spent a lot of time at the dojo working to make my forms and sparring better. No only have I followed all of our training principles, but I haven’t broken anyone’s arm or knocked anybody out this year during sparring. Listed below is my Christmas wish list. I hope you can find everything on it, but in case not I have listed all of the websites (just to make your job easier).
1. Tokaido Ultimate Traditional Cut Uniform: My current karate uniform is starting to fade and smell a bit so I am asking for a Tokaido Ultimate Traditional Cut Uniform, size 4, in black. This is a top of the line uniform that is 100% cotton and made in Japan. Don’t worry Santa, because you can order it on line at http://discountmas.com/tokultradcut.html.
2. Stagr Pro Model Shorts: There are many MMA shorts on the market, but I want the Stagr Pro Model Shorts because of their simplicity (they don’t look like a crazy billboard). Their design also makes them great for working out or grappling. You can get me a size 32 in black at http://stagr.com/promodelshorts.aspx.
3. The Underground – Ultimate Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu DVD Set: This 12 disk set is a great reference for any martial artists library. It features the instruction of Rey Diego, Rinaldo Santos, Rodrigo Madeiras, & Joe Moreira. This series covers mount, guard, and how to finish a match with submissions. You can get these DVDs at http://www.combatsports.com/detail.aspx?ID=23589.
4. Submission Master Grappling Dummy: Sometimes I don’t have a partner to practice my grappling with, so I am asking for a Submission Master Grappling Dummy. This dummy is better than some of the others on the market because its legs stay bent the entire time and its arms go back to their original position after you perform a submission. This is good because I won’t have to waste time repositioning the dummy. Sure it’s no substitute for rolling with another person, but it’s better than not practicing at all. You can get me this item at http://www.grapplingdummy.net/.
5. Tickets to UFC 92: The Ultimate 2008: I know that this is a big thing to ask for, but I have been dying to go to a UFC event and this one is pretty close to where I live. The card is going to be great as it includes a heavyweight fight between Frank Mir & Antonio Nogueira and a light heavyweight fight between Forrest Griffin & Rashad Evans. Wanderlei Silva, Rampage Jackson, Cheick Kongo, & Yushin Okami will be fighting as well. You don’t have to get me floor seats or anything like that, just some mid-level seats where I can see the action. You can get the tickets from http://www.ticketmaster.com.
I hope that I have not overwhelmed you and I don’t expect everything. These are just the things I am wishing for.
A Dedicated Martial Arts Student
Sources: www.ufc.com, www.ticketmaster.com, www.grapplingdummy.net, www.combatsports.com, www.stagr.com, & www.discountmas.com