I love Christmas lights! The more they blink and twinkle, the better. You may be asking yourself, “What exactly is the difference between blinking and twinkling?” I had to ask myself the same thing. Then, I had to do a little research. As far as I can tell, blinking is what I’m used to with the plain old generic mini lights I always use. You know the ones where the blinking is caused by replacing a regular bulb in the strand with a “flashing” bulb. Blinking is all the bulbs in the strand going off and all the bulbs in the strand coming on at the same time. Twinkling, on the other hand, appears to be a sequential going off and coming on of the bulbs in a strand. Each light in the strand goes off and comes on one at a time. If you still don’t quite get it, look at this webpage christmas-graphics-plus.com The ones they call “flashing” are what others call “blinking.” So, now that we’ve established the difference, we can go ahead with our listing of 5 sets or styles of twinkling and blinking Christmas lights. Here it goes:
1. 10 Piece Twinkling Star Lights. This set is sold by Walmart. It has a lighted length of 9′. The 10 stars alternate in two sizes, 5″x 10″ and 5″ x 6″. The stars are lit with 105 clear lights, and each strand has end to end connectors, so more than one set can be connected together. The price on this set is $60.00
2. Pinecone Light Set. This set is also sold at Walmart. It consists of 10 clear pinecones that are 12″ apart. It comes with blinker lights that can make the set blink, or you can just leave it unblinking. It is for indoor use only and would look very pretty on a Christmas tree or in garland around a banister or fireplace. The set is $16.88.
3. Star Light, 10 Count. These are also from Walmart. They are 10 multi-colored stars in alternating 10.5″ stars and 6.5 inch stars. They have 8 functions so that they can be either twinkling, blinking, or steady on. There are 150 lights in the set, and the total lighted length is 9′. They are for indoor or outdoor use. They also come in a clear set. Either set is $10.00.
4. Transparent Random Twinkling C9 Christmas Lights, Set of 25 This set of lights looks like the big ones we used on our tree when I was a kid, and is sold by Christmas Central, christmascentral.com. The bulbs are red, green, blue, amber and pink. There is also a clear set of lights, if you prefer all white lights instead of colored. The bulbs twinkle in a randomly. These lights are approved for indoor or outdoor use. If one bulb burns out, the others stay lit, and the bulbs screw in and out easily. You can string multiple sets together using the end to end connectors. The lighted length of each set is 24.1. The bulbs are 7W. They are regularly $23.99, but are on sale for $19.99 per set. The clear set is on sale for $17.99.
5. Set Of 5 Lighted Random Twinkling Candy Cane Lawn Stakes 28″. These lights are sold by Christmas Central, christmascentral.com for $24.99. They are listed for indoor or outdoor use. The set uses 16 random twinkling bulbs, and 100 pre-attached mini lights. Each set is 8 feet of lighted length, and multiple sets can be connected together. If one bulb burns out, other stay lit.