Cheerleading and high school sports go hand-in-hand. The sports draw the crowd and cheering drives the sport. With a good cheerleading squad, S-P-I-R-I-T swells within the audience and the athletes can feel and hear the enthusiasm.
Cheerleading squads are always looking for new cheers and ways to promote “spirit”. A good way to acquire new and fresh ideas is to have the cheerleaders attend a local, regional, or national cheerleading camp. Every state offers numerous cheerleading camps throughout the year that range from one to five days in duration. An ideal way to locate camps in your state is to go to the National Cheerleading Association website at: www.nationialspirit.com. On this website site, you will be able to search for your state’s director. This director will be able to inform you of the camps available in your area.
When looking nationally for cheerleading camps, make sure the camp fits the needs of your child and your local school dynamics. One of the best ways to locate camps throughout the United States is to do a web search. Performing a search on “Google” is easy. Type in “cheerleading camps” in the search bar and you will obtain a plethora of information. Sorting through the first five pages of my search, the following five camps stood out:
1. Cheer Excellence has two locations. One in Roanoka, Virgina and the other Greenville, North Carolina. – www.cheerexcellencecamps.com
2. Pine Forest Cheerleading Camp in Olyphant, Pennsylvania – www.cheerleadingcamps.com
3. Champion Cheerleading in Howell, Michigan – www.championcheerleading.com
4. Midwest Cheerleading is a regional office for all camps within the Midwest. Web address is www.midwestcheerleading.net
5. Elite Cheerleading is located in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania – www.elitecheerleading.com
The emphasis within these cheerleading camps includes safety and security. The students learn about themselves by living and communicating with other teens interested in cheerleading and sports. Your child’s experiences will include living within unique accommodations, being taught by a professional staff of instructors, and learning exciting new material to bring home and use during their next athletic activity. Sportsmanship will be taught and the opportunity will be given to build positive relationships and create lasting memories that will carry with your child onto field, court, and beyond!