One of my absolute favorite Songs is “Oh Happy Day.” Whenever I hear that song, it makes me smile. It makes my heart sing. It brings me happiness. Why? I love that song because it reaffirms the notion that being happy is a state of mind. It is a joy. Being happy makes life worth living. And I believe this. If you are struggling with a downward spiral, feel depressed or simply out of sorts, I am here to tell you that you can choose happiness.
You can make a decision right now to live a happy, optimistic and resilient and wonderful life. You can say goodbye to stress and strife and hello to happiness.
By changing your mindset and realizing that you control how happy you are, you take back your power. You choose how you react to people, places and things. You choose whether you will be happy or sad.
I challenge you today to choose happiness today. Happiness is within everyone. It is within your heart. You simply have to call it forth.
Here are some tips to help you manifest happiness:
1. Choose to be happy right now. Don’t wait until tomorrow when your situation improves, make it better right now by changing your perception and how you view the situation. For instance, if you feel unhappy because your mate hasn’t’ been romantic lately. Do something romantic for him. Buy yourself some flowers and choose to appreciate the things that he does do, like fix the faucet or shovel the snow.
2. Be grateful for a wondrous and happy attitude. You are alive. You are breathing and you have the power to change your life. In addition, you have a purpose in life. These realizations should make you happy. For instance, the next time you get a parking ticket, thank the police officer. He might have saved you from having an accident.
3. Don’t surround yourself with negative people. Some people are notorious for draining your energy. Stay away from them. Instead, be around people who give you energy and make your life better. This will inspire you and make you happy.
4. Find your spiritual connection. Whether you are religious or not, take the time to meditate and find inner peace. Not only will this help you feel more connected to the universe, it will help you feel happier and more at peace.
5. Manage your time. Your time is too important to waste. So, learn how to effectively manage your time. Factor in time to do the things that will make you happy. In fact, do these things first and then do the other things.
6. Have fun. Every single day, laugh and have fun. Tell jokes. Dance like no one is watching. Go to comedies. Just laugh every day.
In conclusion, happiness is a state of mind and you can learn to make yourself happy. Simply choose happiness right now and be grateful, surround yourself with positive people, find a spiritual connect, manage your time, and have fun. By doing this, you will become happier – guaranteed.