As Easter approaches you may be faced with the dilemma of what to give an expectant mother for Easter. If you are trying to buy an expectant mother an Easter basket you may not like the choices available. If you have an idea of what you don’t want then you may want to compose a list of what you do want.
If you can’t find a pre-made basket with items that you want to buy you might be better off making an Easter basket for an expectant mother. All you need to make an Easter basket for an expectant mother is a basket – decorated or not, decorations for the basket if not already decorated, and Easter basket goodies of your choice.
Does it sound way too easy? That was the simplified version. The Easter basket goodies you may need help selecting for an expectant mother. First suggestion is to know the expectant mother well enough to know or be able to ask if she has gestational diabetes if you are going to put sweets in her basket. If she does you may want to skip candies and food.
Suggestions for Easter Baskets for Expectant Mothers:
1. Books – Expectant mothers may want to enjoy their last few months of quietly reading without any interruptions with some of their favorite books. If you don’t know what they like to read and you don’t feel you should ask them, you may want to get them so books on children, having children, parenting, or even children’s books. It’s always good to start reading to the baby before he or she is born. You can add books to the expectant mother’s Easter basket.
2. Music CD’s – This may be the last time the expectant mom gets to listen to what she likes instead of children’s songs. You might want to buy her some of her favorite music and a selection of children’s songs to add to the expectant mother’s Easter basket. You can find the traditional songs that we all grew up on that were “nursery rhymes” or today’s children’s songs. Be sure to add a variety for the expectant mother’s Easter basket.
3. Videos or DVD’s – Expectant mothers may enjoy some videos or DVD’s of their favorite movies in an Easter basket. You can also add children’s videos or DVD’s to the expectant mother’s Easter basket.
4. Food – If the expectant mother can still eat what she wants, adding some treats to her Easter basket is always a great idea. Put the expectant mother’s favorite snacks into her Easter basket. If you aren’t sure about the expectant mother’s dietary needs then you can always buy some baby food and put it into the expectant mother’s Easter basket. Remember babies don’t start eating the first stage of baby food until they are four to six months old, so beware of expiration dates.
5. Candles – Every woman loves candles and you may want to give the expectant mother a pampering Easter basket. Candles are great by themselves or in with other items for an Easter basket.
6. Pampering Easter Basket – To pamper the expectant mother you may want to put lotions, bubble baths, body wash, creams, and perfumes into your expectant mother’s Easter basket. Bath poufs are also a great idea for each different type of body wash that is given.
7. Card – No expectant mother’s Easter basket is complete without an Easter card. Add your card to the Easter basket so she knows who it is from and for what occasion.
8. Gift card- You could also add gift cards to the expectant mother’s Easter basket. The gift card could be for a maternity store or for a baby store. If she hasn’t bought all the baby items yet you may want to get a gift card for a baby store or a store that has baby furniture.
9. Easter bib for baby – If you want to add a little something to the expectant mother’s Easter basket for the baby you may want to get a baby bib, bottle, or feeding set. This is actually better to put in a baby shower basket but not all expectant mothers have baby showers.
If you bought a basket that needs to be decorated don’t despair. Wrapping the handle with yellow, pastel blue or pink, or mint green will be an easy, excellent decoration for easter. You can even hot glue the matching ribbon around the top of the basket to make it complete.