An Easter craft for kids is an excellent way to spend time with kids and celebrate the holiday of Easter. Kids can make this giant bunny basket to hold any goodies that they like. Depending on what size box you use, this bunny basket can hold stuffed animals, plastic eggs or candy. This is a simple Easter craft for kids that even young toddlers can help with. Here is a great craft that you can do with your kids this Easter:
Box (tissue box, shoe box, moving box, etc. etc.)
Pink, blue and white construction paper
2 brown pipe cleaners
12 inch paper plate
(2) 6 inch paper or Styrofoam bowls
Clear scotch tape
1. The paper plate is going to be used as the face of the bunny on the basket. To make the bunny’s cheeks, glue the rims of the two bowls to the back of the paper plate. Cut bunny ears from the white paper and then the inside of the ear from the pink paper. Glue the ears to the top of the plate.
2. Use the paintbrush to cover the plate and the bowls with glue. Be sure to get it all over the plate and bowls. Cover the plate and bowls with the fiberfill so that you can’t see any of the plate or bowls underneath.
3. Twist two pipe cleaners together in the middle to form whiskers for the Easter bunny. At the center of the pipe cleaners, glue them to the middle of the plate where the nose will be. Use a piece of masking tape to hold the whiskers in place just in case the glue does not hold.
4. Cut a nose for the bunny out of the pink paper and glue it over the center of the pipe cleaner whiskers. Cut eyes out of the blue and white paper and glue them onto the Easter bunny. Allow all of the glue to dry before you move on to the next step.
5. Glue the bunny’s head to one side of the box. Use the paintbrush to cover the rest of the box with glue, except for the bottom of the box. Apply the fiberfill to the box so you can no longer see the box underneath.
6. Bunch up some fiberfill and then wrap it with a rubber band to make the bunny’s tail. Glue the tail to the back of the box.
7. Using the white construction paper, cut a handle for the Easter bunny box that can be glued across the top of the box. Use clear scotch tape to hold the handle ends in place for extra strength.
The Easter craft for kids is now complete and you can fill your Easter bunny box with whatever goodies you like now.