Searching for a unique Christmas cookie recipe? Looking for some Christmas recipes that call for eggnog? Here are a few fun Christmas recipes to try.
Christmas Recipe #1: EGGNOG COOKIES
I modified this Christmas cookie recipe a little from another eggnog cookie recipe I had. It yields about 5ish dozen, depending on how big you make them.
3/4 cup butter
1 1/4 cups white sugar
1/2 cup eggnog (I use storebought)
1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
2 egg yolks
¾ tsp of ground nutmeg
2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
1 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of ground cinnamon
Colored Sprinkles (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
2. Mix the cinnamon, nutmeg baking power and flour together. Set aside.
3. Cream butter (using a mixer of course) and sugar together until it is very whipped.
4. Separate the egg yolkss.
5. Add eggnog, egg yolks, and vanilla.
6. Continue to mix and low to medium speed until very smooth.
7. Mix the cinnamon, baking power and flour in – the mixture from step 2..
8. Very, very lightly grease cookie sheet.
9. Use a spoon and drop cookie dough in small pieces about 1 inch apart on the cookie sheet.
10. Sprinkly lightly with additional nutmeg and colored sprinkles (optional) at your discretion.
11. Bake for about 18-22 minutes. Enjoy!
Christmas Recipe #2: EGG NOG CHEESECAKE
This is an excellent dessert for a Christmas eve dinner! There’s nothing whrong with adding cheeries on top too.
Store-bought graham cracker crust
½ cup crushed pecans
1 tablespoon cinnamon
4 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese
1 1/8 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups egg nog (not low-fat)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Open store-bought graham cracker crust. Sprinkle pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon evenly around the crust. Set aside.
2. Beat cream cheese in a very large mixing bowl until smooth (I use medium-high speed.)
3. Add in sugar, vanilla and nutmeg. Continue beating on medium/low.
4. Combine egg and beat until they are thoroughly mix in.
5. Add egg on stir with a spatula until it is smooth.
6. Pour into crust.
7. Bake for 50 minutes or until thoroughly done.
Merry Christmas! Enjoy!