Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. It is time to find your special someone something that shows your love for them. You might also want to pick up a special fragrance for them. There are many fragrances out there that smell great and are worth the department store prices. Before purchasing perfume or cologne I suggest you get in tuned with what your partner likes. Some people like a light fragrance, others prefer something stronger. Each scent also varies with each person’s chemistry, so it smells different or everyone.
Most of these perfumes and colognes can be found at your local department store. You can also find them online at www.perfume.com for discounted prices.
Every perfume, every cologne tells a story. Find the right scent for your special someones with this in-depth list of fragrances. Also includes who each scent would be suitable for, and what scent notes you get with each designer fragrance.
1. Glow by Jennifer Lopez. From $27.99 and up. This perfume was first released in 2002 from J.Lo. Notes: Flowers, Vanilla, Fruit, and Amber. With this fragrance you also get sheer florals warmed with soothing vanilla and musk. You also get a beautiful bottle adorned with charms. Glow is a soft, sexy, and has a subtle fresh, clean fragrance. This is the perfect gift for the woman who likes a soft, feminine fragrance that is long-lasting and utterly beautiful.
2. Sweet Honesty by Avon. From $16.99 and up. This is a soft, sweet, delightful scent. It is for the woman who likes a delicate and passionate floral fragrance that is filled with passion. Notes: Honey, Vanilla, Citrus.
3. Princess by Vera Wang. $45.00 and up. This scent arrived in 2006. It is a delightful oriential-fragrance that is deemed a “modern and magical elixir”. This fragrance celebrates youth and femininity and it’s perfect for evening wear. Notes: Water Lily, Lady Apple, Mandarin Meringue, Golden Apricot Skin, Ripe Pink Guava, Tahitian Flower, Wild Tuberose, Dark Chocolate, Pink Frosting Accord, Precious Amber, Forbidden Woods, Royal Musk Captive, Chiffon Vanilla. Get this for the princess who rules your castle.
4. Beautiful by Estee Lauder. From $21.99-$79.99. This perfume was inspired by Madame Lauder’s wedding day. This fragrance was created in 1985, by Estee Lauder. This is a beautiful fragrance that smells like “a beautiful bouquet of flowers that meets with woody warm noted and a touch of bright citrus.” Notes: Rose, Mandarin, Lily, Tuberose, Marigold, Orange Flower, Muguet, Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang, Sandalwood, Vetiver. Great for the girl who likes strong beautiful scents!
5. Euphoria by Calvin Klein. From $17.99-$59.99. Euphoria first launched in 2005, by Calvin Klein. This fragrance has exotic fruits and lush florals. Notes: Pomegranate, Persimmon, Green Notes, Black Orchid, Lotus Blossom, Champaca Flower, Liquid Amber, Mahogany Wood, Black Violet, Cream Accord. If you girl likes a sophisticated fragrance this is a great choice.
6. Romance by Ralph Lauren. From $39.99-$63.99. Romance was first launched in 1998. Romance contains a sensual blend of seductive musk, florals, and soft woods. Notes: Sun Goddess Rose, Marigold, Ginger, Chamomile Oil, Yellow Freesia, White Violet, Lotus Flower, Day Lily, Oak Moss, Patchouli, Musk. This is for the girl who likes an ultra-feminine scent in a beautiful bottle.
7. Youth Dew by Estee Lauder. From $29.99 and up. This fragrance was first introduced in 1952. This captivating scent forever changed the world of perfume. This is a classic scent with spicy sexiness. Notes: Rose, Jonquil, Lavender, Jasmine, Muguet, Spices, Moss, Vetiver, Patchouli.
8. Chanel No.5. by Chanel. From $79.99 and up. This fragrance was first introduced in 1921. By 1959, the perfume’s packaging had even secured a place in the permanent collections of the Museum of Modern Art in New York.Coco Chanel created a fragrance that smells likea woman. This fragrance was designed by Ernest Beaux, who presented Coco with his fifth composition. A beautiful floral filled with flowers and solid femininity. Notes: Aldehydes, Bergamot, Lemon, Neroli, Ylang-Ylang, Jasmine, Rose, Lily of the Valley, Iris, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Amber, Patchouli.
9. Curious by Britney Spears. From $18.99 and up. This fragrance was released in September of 2004, and was her first fragrance. Curious is good for anytime use. Notes: Golden Anjou Pear, Lotus Flower, Louisiana Magnolia, Tuberose, Star Jasmine, Pink Cyclmen, Vanilla Infused Musk, Blonde Woods, Sandalwood. This is a truly fabulous scent that is irresistable. Buy this for the girl in your life who adores sensual and flirty fragrances, vanilla and musk.
10. Lady Stetson by Coty. From $18.99 and up. This luxurious fragrance was introduced in 1986. Perfect for daytime wear. It is a gentle, floral fragrance that evokes a unique blend of roses, sandalwood, oak moss, and a carnation with a hint of jasmine. Perfect for the girl in your home who loves beautiful, romantic scents.
1. Aspen by Coty. From $11.49 and up. First introduced in 1989. It is a refreshing fragrance that blends notes of the outdoors with natural scents, citrus, and spices. Don’t let the price fool you, this is quality cologne. This is my favorite men’s fragrance, and I can’t get enough of it. Notes: Woods, Citrus, Spices, Lavender, Amber. This cologne is perfect for the guy who likes a clean, crisp scent.
2. Obsession by Calvin Klein. From $29.99 and up. First launched by the design house of Calvin Klein in 1986. Notes: Mandarin, Spice, Low tones of Musk, Sandalwood, and Amber. This is the perfect choice for the guy who likes a masculine scent that is refreshingly woodsy and oriental.
3. Polo Blue by Ralph Lauren. From $34.99 and up. First introduced in 2002 by Ralph Lauren. Notes: Aquatic Accords, Spicy Basil, Verbena, Clary Sage, Washed Suede, Velvety Moss, Sheer Musk. This is a perfect gift for the guy who likes a casual and elegant fragrance.
4. Acqua di Gio by Giorgio Armani. From $39.99 and up. This fragrance was introduced in 1997, by the design house of Giorgio Armani. It is a fresh, light, aquatic scent that’s perfect for warm summer days, or casual wear year-around. Notes: Jasmine, Persimmon, Cedar, Patchouli, Marine Notes, Rosemary. For the guy in your life who likes light understated scents. Perfect for casual wear.
5. Armani Code by Giorgio Armani. From $50.00 and up. First introduced in 2004, this men’s cologne is an elegant oriential fragrance. Plus it is housed in a cylindrical bottle with midnight blue hued lacquered glass. Notes: Olive Blossom, Citron, Tonka Bean, Blonde Tobacco, Aromatic, Anisey Accents, Gaiac Wood and Smokey Accords. For the guy who likes an elegant, impressive cologne.
6. The One by Dolce & Gabbana. From and $46.99 and up. This cologne launched in 2008. Notes: Grapefruit, Basil, Ginger, Coriander, Orange Blossom, Cedarwood, Amber, Tobacco. For the guy who likes a spicy oriential fragrance. plus, it comes in a glass bottle with silver-metal neck and chocolate brown rectangular top.
7. Diesel Green by Diesel. From $27.99 and up. Notes: Orchild, Sea Rose, Lime and Vanilla. Perfect for the guy who likes a casual, guy fragrance. Sensual middle notes of rose, cinammon, floral orange blosson, orris, carnation, cedarwood, musk, vanilla, amber, sandalwood, and jasmin make this a favorite.
8. Happy by Clinique. From $39.99 and up. This cologne was designed by the house of Clinique in 1999. Notes: Citrusy Lemon, Mandarin, Orange, and Grapefruit. This is a great choice for the guy who wants a fresh masculine fragrance. This scent possesses a blend of lemon, mandarin, orange, and grapefruit.
9. Cool Water Deep Sea, Scents and Sun by Davidoff. From $30.99 and up. First introduced in 2005. Notes: Peppermint, Oakmoss, Rosemary, Lavender, Musk, Amber, Sandalwood. For the guy who likes deep sea scents and sunny fragrances.
10. Valentino V by Valentino. From $34.99 and up. Introduced in 2006, by Valentino. Notes: Bergamot, Pink Peppercorn, Mandarin, Basil, Jasmine, Transparent, Mace, Cumin, Ambrette Seed, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Dry Amber, and Musk. This is a intense warm fragrance. Warm Spice and woodnotes blended with fresh, contemporary not like plum and bergamot. For the man who likes a seductively charismatic scent.