It is so important no matter what the circumstance, to treat ourselves well. Sometimes we get lost in work, caring for children, and financial worries and neglect ourselves. When we fail to take care of ourselves, we have less to give to everyone in our lives. Why not take a little time out this week and pamper ourselves?
The economy is causing lots of stress for everyone so here are 10 ways to feel like a queen on a limited budget:
1) A pretty vase full of flowers always makes one feel special and cheerful. Why wait for someone to buy you flowers? Go grab some yourself! You don’t have to pay an arm and a leg for some pretty blooms. Farmers’ Markets are great for getting a bouquet or a pretty sunflower for less than $5. Just make sure you change the water frequently so the flowers stay beautiful longest. Silk or faux flowers last forever. These can be quite pricey, but if you go to the dollar store you can sort through and find a few gorgeous flowers. The dollar store is also great to find a nice vase. No one would ever guess your gorgeous bouquet was less than $2!
2) Go get a manicure and pedicure. You don’t have to wait to go to the most expensive spa to treat yourself to a nice hand and foot massage. Don’t ignore your neighborhood nail salon. Take advantage of the great prices and make sure it is clean and sanitary. There are often specials if you get a manicure and a pedicure. Most nail salons massage your hands and feet as well. Pick a bright pink or red to feel feminine and dainty. After a long day, being able to take your shoes off and look at your pretty feet will remind you that you are a beautiful, sexy woman.
3) Take the time out for a nice bubble bath. Its almost free, and a nice warm bubble bath are are always deserved. Wait until you can be undisturbed and run a nice bath with your favorite bubbles, scent, or oils. If you do not have these things, you can run to your kitchen for the same royal treatment. You can use a glass of milk in your bath or a capful of olive oil. I like to put tea bags in my bath water. Peppermint is wonderfully relaxing and opens up your pores. Try it tonight, and you will wake up refreshed and relaxed.
4) Use your nice dishes when you make a meal. Even if your rushing after work to cook something, you can take a little time to make the presentation of the meal most appealing. Most everyone has nice dishes that they don’t use every day. Why? What are you waiting for? You deserve the best and a beautifully served meal is a wonderful end to a hectic day. Even if you are dining alone, use the best dinnerware you have and set your table. Meal times should be a time to enjoy your food and relax. If you don’t have any nice tableware, go to a discount store and easily find a few nice plates and glasses for less than $10.
5) Buy a bunch of panties and bras. This may sound a little silly to some. But, why salivate over that new catalog with lingerie you can’t afford and wear the same boring stuff every day? Inexpensive, beautiful undergarments can be found almost everywhere. Buy some colorful new sexy bras and panties to uplift your mood. A nice matching pair of underwear goes a long way in how you feel all day long.