So, you want to ask a girl to the prom, huh? Congratulations! Prom can be a fun event to end high school with. Here are some suggestions for creative and memorable ways to ask a girl to prom.
1. A Nice Dinner. This one’s a classic, but one that always works. Go out to a nice restaurant, one that requires you to dress nicely, bring the lady a flower, and ask her in that quiet, romantic atmosphere.
2. Treasure Hunt. Set it up beforehand, leaving clues in different places. Give her the first clue, then go to the last clue. Set up something nice, like dinner or a picnic, or just a bouquet of wildflowers, and wait for her at the end to ask her. Better yet, if you have locations that are meaningful to both of you, use those as clues.
3. YouTube. Make a video for her. Incorporate something she’s into, also. If she likes animals, make it at the zoo, if she likes Monty Python, dress up as Sir Lancelot. Make it funny, though. Once you get a girl to laugh, you’re halfway there.
4. Announcement. If you go to an event together, see if you can’t get your question announced, or even put up on a scoreboard. Make sure, though, that she won’t be completely embarrassed, or she might say no just because of it.
5. Geocaching. If you have access to a GPS, Geocaching is a treasure hunt with coordinates! Give her coordinates to something similar to the treasure hunt idea. This is especially great if you know of a nice place out in the woods or on a hiking trail. Great idea for the outdoorsy type of girl.
6. Prom movie. Stay in and watch some random prom movie. Even better, rent two or three, make sure they’ve obvious, then see if she’s got the hint yet. It doesn’t have to be sappy, either! Carrie is a prom movie, but please make sure she likes horror movies before renting that one. Lots of blood. Other choices might be She’s All That, Grease, 10 Things I Hate About You, and Pretty in Pink.
7. Song. If you’re musically inclined, write her a song asking her. Write it yourself and she’s sure to be impressed!
8. Message in the Sand. If you live on the coast of the ocean or even a lake, take her out on a nice afternoon, and write a message in the sand. If you can get it written before you get there, even better! Add a couple wildflowers for her to take home, too.
9. Paper airplane. Write the question on paper, fold it into a plane (or other origami), and fly it over to her somewhere where you won’t get in trouble. Class isn’t the best place for this one, but maybe some kind of date or after school activity.
10. Stuffed Animal. Find out when her favorite animal is. Get a stuffed one, and pin a note to it. Make it cute! If it’s a frog, write something like “It’d make me hoppy if you went to prom with me.” For a monkey, “I’d go bananas to go to prom with you.” Again, if you make her laugh, that’s half the battle, there.
Good luck, and have a safe and happy prom!