Promoting a business doesn’t always have to be boring, repetitive and mundane, there are lots of ways you can have fun and promote your business at the same time, here are some ideas.
1. Organise Competitions, from crosswords, to puzzles.
2. Get into social networking, using websites such as my space and face book.
3. Blog to your hearts content, blog about your life, your business and so on, meet others while getting the word out about your business online for virtually free.
4. Organise fun days, for work colleagues and your local community to participate in.
5. Organise and hold local charity/fundraiser events.
6. Go on teambuilding exercises, get your team together and get out there, bond, be happy, make them happy and they will reciprocate by promoting your business, talking it up and telling everyone they know about you and what a good business you have.
7. Organise work parties and invite people within and outside or your company no matter how small or large you are.
8. Write, create and produce your own low cost radio adverts.
9. Write articles and features for local magazines, papers and websites, be creative and get your name known at the same time.
10. Work alongside other businesses, have fun working with others and learning new things.
11. Hold sales days out of your normal environment, for example take your products to places you wouldn’t have thought about going to before, see if there is a target market, reach new audiences and just get the word out about your business.
12. Dress up in a silly outfit to gain and capture interest, nothing attracts more interest from passers by than a bright, out of the ordinary outfit.
13. Be a human billboard, produce a poster for your front and your back, like the ones you see outside of restaurants and get out there and walk the streets, hand out leaflets and flyers as you go along. Dare to be different.
TOP TIPS: Remember to always have fun and wear a smile while promoting your business, as your happiness and positive attitude will rub off on others, others which could well include existing and potential customers.
Never ever burn any bridges, don’t hold any grudges and just live and learn, promoting, marketing and advertising your business is all about trial and error so keep at it until you find what works for you. Don’t ever be ashamed of what you do.
Good luck I wish you every success