In just a few months, the first fronds of summer will begin to curl, in anticipation of another relaxing season for kids. What better way to enjoy the summer than to enroll your kids in music summer camp! With music summer camp, your kids will be enriched and creative in just a few months of learning. Here is a brief description of 5 of the best music summer camps for kids! Keep in mind this is in no order of arrangement. All of these music summer camps fill a special key in the hearts of kids everywhere and parents may find that repeated summer camps at one school or a mix of different schools each summer may produce different results in the musical skill of your kids.
1. Prelude Music Academy. This music academy has yet to publish its 2009 camp schedule online. They can be contacted via their website http://preludemusic.org/contacts.html for further inquiries and information. Their website also contains a camp video and photo album along with testimonials.
2. Midsummer Music Youth Camp. With custom-tailored focuses each year, this camp offers professional development for young musicians aged 8-18. The camp was held at San Jose State, School of Music & Dance during 2008. Early registration and returning students are offered a discount from the normal registration fee. Contact information and scheduling is available at http://www.steinwaythebayarea.com/programs/summerCamp/index.php.
3. The Florida State University Summer Music Camps are located in Tallahassee, Florida, and have been offering music camps for over 60 years. With many counselors to help, and safety as a priority, there is now also a brand new guitar workshop available for students! For additional information regarding registration and inquiries, there is a website available at http://music.fsu.edu/pr/summer-camps.htm.
4. Blue Bear School of Music, has been offering music camps in the summer in San Francisco, California, since 1971. With adventures in rock, jazz, songwriting, and much more, these camps also include a concert at the end of the week. Some of the summer camps require auditions and prerequisites but, all in all, kids can expect a week of intense learning and intense fun! Information is online at http://www.bluebearmusic.org/programs/summer_camp.html.
5. The French Woods Music Summer Camp, encouraging non-competitive, comprehensive music program advancement in the United States, utilizes working conductors and musicians for their Summer Music Camp at French Woods. Auditions take place after students arrive and French Woods welcomes young musicians at all skill levels, allowing them to gain from the summer experience. More information is available at http://www.frenchwoods.com/music-camp.htm.