The economy has changed a great deal in the last six months. Banks and businesses are closing down and many jobs are have been. Many people are losing their homes when the mortgage can’t be met and others just want to move away from where they are and start over. If you are going to start over and need to sale your current home you may need to add a few extra’s in order to close.
For those who can buy a home they are still trying to get the best deal for the best investment, because their own money has to stretch just like everyone else. They want something to help them save on cost in the near future or later investment. So now is the time to offer something in exchange for the sale of your home.
1. First list with an agent. Don’t try to do a for sale by owner. You will want to stay with a market trend that changes daily therefore a buyer will feel you aren’t going to be willing to adjust the price. If someone is looking to buy they want a real estate firm so they can get the paperwork done quickly and completely with as little delay as possible.
2. Offer to pay all closing cost. This is a partial investment of your profit and a great savings to the buyer. They are more likely to buy at a better rate if they know they are not going to need as much money up front.
3. Include the cost of a home inspection with everything that needs repair or is in excellent condition. You and the buyer will save time in weeks and paperwork if the home inspection is already done and the buyer accepts.
4. Always have a one year warranty on all appliances on the property if you are not selling as is. Most buyers worry about cost of repairs and up keep the first year and need time to adjust. This is one offer to ease the stress for first time home buyers especially.
5. Include upgrades such as new appliances, Jacuzzi tub, small hot tub in the back yard or a new deck with a cover right for the area’s weather conditions.
6. Offer items with sale of home such as lawn mower, snow blower for the northern area’s, carpet shampooer, a good bbq set, a laptop computer and a one year subscription to a magazine representing the local area.
7. One year of yard maintenance and pest control and a gift card to a local nursery for landscaping plants or trees. You can also include one year gym memberships or community fees.
Any of these items with help to promote your sale quicker if time can be saved and a free gift is included for the buyer.