Getting your business known can sometimes be challenging. BUT! Here are more than a few ways you can get your business out there, get your name, products and services known:
WAYS TO PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS
1. Produce how to guides, leaflets and brochures. Teach people what you know. You could give away these guides and information leaflets for free to generate both interest and awareness in and around your business. Or, you could sell them as an add on to one of your current products or services, by up selling them you will be adding perceived value.
2. Buy a billboard or half a billboard advertisement at a local sports club or venue, thousands upon thousands of people will see your billboard week after week (especially if televised events are held at the sports club/venue)
3. Use SMS and text messages to promote particular products, services or just your business in general. You can send messages for virtually nothing to your target market/potential customers. You could collect phone numbers yourself or buy lists for your target market/audiences.
4. Use stationery. Get everything you use or sent out branded, from paper to envelopes, the more the better, as they will seen by lots of people, possibly potential new customers and clients.
5. Use your email signature. Utilise both your business and personal email to promote and advertise your business , include your email signature on every email you send out and ask family and friends to see if they wouldn’t mind doing the same.
6. Attend trade shows and fairs. If you have something to exhibit or sell then this could be the perfect opportunity and platform. You could hand out leaflets, flyers, business cards, goody bags and much more to potential customers and clients.
7. Advertise in local business directories, both online and offline.
8. Take out some small newspaper adverts in your local press and media.
9. Create an online web presence, be it a blog, or just a small basic website, whatever it is just do something now. Brand your business get people talking about it, and finding out about it on the internet.
Marketing, advertising and promoting your business is one thing but doing it right is another.
Here are a few tips and hints you should apply to ensure you successfully promote advertise and market your business.
1. Only market to your target markets and audiences. Trying to advertise to everyone everywhere will wastes both your time and your resources.
2. Build desire with your marketing. Don’t just go for the hard sell, remember to include AIDA with each piece of marketing your produce and send out.
Attention, Interest, Desire, Action
3. Remember that sometimes less is more. Don’t over clutter your adverts or marketing literature. Remember the KISS acronym when producing adverts and so on.
Keep, It, Simple, Stupid
Good luck with getting your business known. I wish you every success.