New Year’s Resolution: Get fit and lose weight!
Is your New Year’s Resolution to get fit and lose weight again? If this is not the first time you have had this as your resolution, you may want to re-think your game plan!
Losing weight is not something to be taken lightly and with the ever growing American waist, it is time that we all take it seriously and get it right. Below are my top tips on how to have losing weight as one of your New Years Resolutions and keeping it! Who am I to give you tips? Well, I am not a trainer or anyone that weight loss comes easy to. I have two kids, work and go to school. I am just like many of you and I know convenience foods make my life simpler but they also make me fatter. Try my tips and see; you will be amazed what we can do!
1. Start NOW! Do not wait for New Year’s its like saying I will just have one more and that NEVER works. Today is the day, not tomorrow or January first. Even if you just ate a Banana Cream Pie, now is the time to start following the rest of my tips. Remember tomorrow NEVER comes!
2. Cut out the fast food but if you have to… Just quit eating fast food altogether and you will save tons of calories. One hamburger combo packs about 1000 calories, yes I am serious. Opt instead for a 6″ Turkey sub on wheat! You have to forget the cheese and use mustard or another low calorie dressing. Doesn’t sound good, oh really? I used to eat the Spicy Italian loaded with extra cheese and yummy ranch dressing, now I can eat my turkey just fine. Try it, you will like it and the way it makes you feel lighter! How can you keep this part of the resolution? Rent the movie Super size Me!
3. Get a buddy involved with you! Pick a friend that has time and really wants to lose weight and do it together. Be sure you pick someone that does not bring you down! I would pick someone who is the same size as me; it makes it a friendly competition. Above all else do not give up together, push each other!
4. If you fail; try, try again. We all have our bad days; even if you sat down and ate an entire pizza, don’t give up. Get back on track, stay off of the scale for a few days and it will be as if you did not miss a beat. If you give up and keep eating, you will fail so don’t give up. Realize, we all make mistakes and get back on track!
5. Get active! Join the gym! My gym membership is only $25 per month! I absolutely hated going to the gym, at first. Now I panic when I can not go! I love it, the energy rush is amazing. You may find the first 10-15 minutes painful but stick to it, get over it and again don’t give up! If you can’t join the gym, start walking or gardening, do something to get off of the couch and get moving.
6. Indulge yourself, one day per week. Who are we kidding here? We are only human and we have desires, right? Don’t kid yourself, pick a day that you can indulge and do it once a week every week. Just be sure to indulge not over-indulge. If your weakness is mashed potatoes, have some that day but not 10 servings, just one. If it is a kit kat, have a kit kat bar but not 10. Just because you indulged does not mean to ruin the whole day but adding an extra couple hundred calories one day per week will not kill you!
Anyone can lose weight, if you want to. Anyone can stick to a New Years Resolution, if you want to! The key is wanting it and doing it and don’t wait, get a head start and start NOW!