A gift basket of chili fixings is a present that is sure to come in handy for anyone who enjoys the spicy soup. Chili is a popular meal all winter long, especially during football games and the Superbowl. Chili is a versatile meal for large groups of people who can dish it the pot and serve themselves. A basket of chili fixings is great to have on hand for anybody who might entertain in a casual setting, including college students.
A big steaming bowl of spicy home made chili is a favorite meal during the chilly winter months. Chili is a meal that is nutritious and delicious for people who enjoy the combination of spices, tomato sauce, meat and vegetables. Chili recipes and preparations vary depending or taste preferences and local traditions. Whether people like their chili with noodles, beans, crackers, cheese or sour cream is a matter of preference. There is no right or wrong.
1. Start with a large basket, or large container, that will hold the ingredients for a chili dinner.
2. A large pot or crock pot to cook the chili in. Most recipes require browning the meat and sauteing the onions and pepper before cooking, which makes a stove top pan or pot a good choice for cooking chili. Crock pots are great to keep the food hot while guests serve themselves.
3. A chili spice mix, such as Carroll Shelby’s Original Texas Brand Chili Kit, makes the soup easy to prepare. Carroll Shelby’s Chili Kit comes in a brown paper bag. According to the instructions, all you need to add is ground beef, tomato sauce and water.
4. Chili Powder. Even if a chili kit is used, extra chili powder may be desired so people can spice up their soup to taste.
5. Tabasco Sauce. A touch of pepper sauce heats the chili up even further. Like chili powder, tobasco sauce can be left in the serving area so guests can add the hot pepper sauce to taste.
6. Tomato Sauce. Put a few cans of tomato sauce in, as this is an important ingredient for chili.
7. Kidney Beans. Add the beans to the basket as desired. They are always handy to have around.
8. Oyster crackers or saltines.
9. Cheese. Add a block of cheese that can be cut up and added to the top of the chili just before serving.
10. Bowls. Add colorful bowls to make the basket festive.
11. Towels and linens. Towels always come in handy and can add color to the basket, making it more festive.
12. Add anything else that strikes your fancy, making the basket a personalized gift.
The chili gift basket is sure to be enjoyed by people who enjoy the hearty, spicy meal. The recipient of the gift will just need to purchase ground meat, onions, peppers and any other customizations that they want to add to the soup.
How to Make Holiday Dinner Basket for a Gift
How to Make a Waffle Breakfast Gift Basket
Pot Luck Cooking Party
How to Select Christmas Holiday Wines
How to Make a Romantic Fondue Gift Basket