Making money from competitions can be both fun and rewarding, you can win anything from a car to holiday, which you could have for yourself or even sell on.
Here are some tips on entering competitions.
1. Find websites where competitions are advertised and promoted, either enter online or follow instructions.
2. Go to your local supermarket, bookstore or wherever they sell magazines and skim through the pages looking for competitions to enter, write down all the details and then send off your answer or whatever is required for the competition.
3. Apply for competitions with and for others, you have more chances of winning if say 2 of you are entering a competition. Split the prizes you win, or sell them and split the profits.
4. Write down all details of any and all competitions you enter, including what was sent off, deadlines and so on, this ensures you wont fall foul to those horrible scammers, or those competition wins of 1 million when you didn’t even enter a competition.
5. Visit freebie websites, more often than not they have up to date links and information on the hottest competitions around at the moment.
6. Research what type of answers win competitions, sometimes competition organisers look for certain information or a certain style to the answers they pick for winners.
7. Buy some blank postcards, some postage stamps as and when required, some biros and a notebook.
How to check if competitions are legal and businesses are genuine.
Always check what you are entering, never send off financial personal information, bank details, work information and so on.
Always check the company out, check them out online, Ring them, and just get some background information on them, if it looks dodgy and too good to be true, it probably is.
Always keep a record of competitions you win, prize draws you enter and so on.
What to do if you win.
1. Check that you actually entered the competition.
2. Ring the company to make sure you have won, if it is genuine congratulations.
3. Now you can decide what to do, for example if you win a coffee machine you could either keep the prize for yourself (if say its something you have always wanted) or you could sell it on, on auction sites, through local classifieds and so on.
4. If it is genuine then go on and Celebrate.
Remember this is not a get rich quick scheme, it will not make you a millionaire overnight, but it could win you some nice prizes over a period of time. If you are unsure about entering a competition then please don’t do it, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.
Always Report any suspicious emails, letters, and competition information your receive to the relevant regulatory boards. Remember don’t go mad entering competitions, just try a few at first and see how you get on.
Good luck. I wish you every success