Being a stat up or new business is hard enough without even thinking about how you will advertise your business, products and services so here’s a quick guide that includes ways to promote your business, and how you can advertise, promote and gain publicity for your new or existing small business or medium sized business.
1. Try writing articles. You could write articles for online directories, article directories, websites, as well as offline media, build both an online and offline presence for your business for free with the power of article marketing.
2. Hold your own talks, seminars and courses. Really raise awareness by getting out there in front of your target market/audience. Get in the spotlight, teach people what you know through teleseminars, courses and so on.
3. Be a speaker or toast maker. For example get your name and business known at the same time.
4. Sponsor local community projects and events.
5. Enter awards both local, regionally and internationally, even if you do not win your name will still be on websites and more than likely in the local press and media.
6. Produce and promote your own email or paper based newsletter or ezine.
7. Get clothing produced with your business name on and wear it absolutely everywhere and anywhere you go.
8. Produce and hand out flyers and leaflets, promoting either your products or your business as a whole.
9. Do outrageous and virtually unheard of things to raise publicity, get column inches and much more for FREE.
10. Get interviewed on local radio and TV stations, hold a question and answer session or better yet why not support or sponsor and event that your local radio or TV station is running or holding.
11. Produce, create and host your own events and contest or simply sponsor existing contests/events.
12. Use social networking sites to get the word out there about your business, what you do and what you have to offer, all for FREE.
13. Hire a couple of promotions people to walk down a busy street holding up a banner promoting your business name.
14. By getting business cards produced and handed out.
15. By writing and creating your very own blog. Be a blogger.
Whatever method or methods you use to get your business out there make sure you do some market research before you plunge all of your hard into money in one promotion. Find out through market research what your target markets and audiences respond to and what they don’t.
Good luck I wish you every success.