Starting a membership website or a subscription website is a good source of income. BUT, how do you make your site successful, how do you increase your profit levels, how do you get more subscribers…well here are just are few tips and ideas to get you started.
1. Offer a referral fee. Once you website is up and running don’t be surprised if it doesn’t take off overnight, you will need to put in the work to get the results.
2. To increase your subscriptions why not give or provide a tour of your website, people wont pay for something they can not see or don’t know about so why not give them a taster, give them a tour of your website and show them how first hand how your website can help them and benefit them.
3. Automate payments and subscription fees, the more automated your site is the easier it is for your visitors to use, visit and navigate.
4. Keep your website fresh and up to date. Nobody likes to pay monthly for old and out of date content and information, so please keep your site up to date on a regular basis to keep existing customers and harvest new ones.
5. Produce and carry out surveys, polls, competitions and so on. Find out what both existing and potential customers want from you and then put it into action, do they for example want you to add additional topics, change the layout of the website and so on? Keep conducting research both primary and secondary to work out how to move your website forward, and how to make it grow.
6. Stay focused, outline your plans and work towards them. Growing a subscription or membership website will not happen overnight so it is best to make a plan about how and when you will move your site forward and then put this plan into action.
7. Produce both a business plan and marketing plan for your subscription website. Work out how you will promote your business, how you will get new signups and from where. Draft up the plans by using both primary and secondary market research.
8. Make sure you have defined your target market. While you are running and growing your subscription website please make sure that you have defined your target market. It is virtually impossible to target everyone everywhere so the more you know about your target market/target audience the more money your website will make.
Remember that building up a successful subscription website/membership website will not happen overnight, but with a bit of careful planning and action you should achieve and fulfil your aims and targets.
Good luck with your subscription/membership website. I wish you every success