If you are looking to make money then you have probably thought about or considered starting your own internet business…BUT what if you don’t know what you want to do or how to even get started?
Well here is an idea….have you ever thought about running and owning your own subscription website that is filled with rich content? If so then please carry on reading.
Starting a subscription website is the easy part, knowing what content to put and use on the website, and how to promote it is a little bit more difficult, so here are a few tips to get you started.
1. Choose your topics, subjects and areas of interest. Decide what type of subscription site you want to start run and operate. Conduct some market research, find out what there is a market for, and find out if there is something that you are interested in or passionate about that you can incorporate into your subscription website.
2. Decide what type of site you want to offer. Now that you have an idea or maybe even a few ideas for your site, from arts and crafts to boats, next you need to consider and seriously think about what type of site you will offer, this includes:
How often the website will be updated with fresh, new exiting content?
How much membership will be, will fees be charged on a monthly basis or annual basis?
Will you offer a free trial period to get people interested and hooked?
How will you manage memberships and payments to your website?
How will your site be designed, for example will you design it, maintain it and run it, or will you get designers onboard?
How many memberships/subscriptions do you need to break even?
How many memberships/subscriptions do you need to be in profit?
3. Once you have considered and hopefully answered all of these questions its now time to formulate a plan of action, by this I just mean put all of your market research, ideas and plans into one plan (Ideally a business plan) that will show you where you are now, where you want to be and how you will get there.
4. Now its time to think about and work out how you will promote, advertise and market your subscription website. Please consider the following questions:
What will your marketing budget be?
Where and how will you market your website?
Will you do all the marketing and promotion yourself or will you get others on board to help?
By now you should have an idea of what you want to do and why (backed up by solid market research) a business plan to outline what you are going to be doing and when and a marketing plan which will show you how you can market and promote your new venture.
Top Tips for starting and running a subscription website
1. Get quotes from a number of sources for everything you want to outsource, from web design to hosting packages. Don’t just settle for second best.
2. Don’t just jump in head first, do your research, find out where there are gaps in the market and then fill them. Don’t start a site in an area where there are thousands of others.
I hope you have found this article both useful and helpful. Good luck with setting up, starting and running your own subscription website. I hope you make money and I wish you every success.