Spring will be here before you know it. Along with spring comes the spring shopping list. For business women, this means that there are certain things that must be added to their list of spring items. The list below contains some ideas on the items every business woman needs for spring.
1. The first item on the list is a long raincoat. If you are a business women the one thing that you don’t want is to walk into work with a wet suit. Rain is something that we usually get a lot of so having the right type of raincoat is very important. Most business women prefer a long raincoat that comes pass the knees. You should also try to find one in a darker tone, such as blue, brown or black. Bright colors will definitely draw the attention but it may not be the best option for buisness.
2. Next on the list is an obvious one for spring and that is an umbrella. At the beginning of the spring months it would be wise to take a look at your umbrella and see what type of condition it is in. Investing in a good sturdy umbrella is always a good idea. I would recommend finding one that is small enough to fold up into your bag, and is big enough to cover you as you are walking.
3. You may be surprised by the next item but, rain boots are a must have. In my experience I have fond that rain boots are something every business woman should own. Many women wear heels to the office. On a rainy day your heels can end up with mud or end up causing you to slip on the way to work. There is nothing worse then trying to leap over puddles in some heels. That is why I have found it to be a good idea to keep a pair of heels in your bag inside of a small shopping bag. Lets face it most women have a bag that is large enough to fit a pair of heels. Use this bag on rainy spring days and you will be able to change once you get to work.
4. Next on the list are some comfortable cotton blouses. After wearing sweaters all winter long now is the time to get those nice short sleeve blouses. This year the fashion trends for the office seem to be big collars with an open but not revealing neckline. These types of shirts are perfect for the office. Try to stay within the business color range. The spring colors for an office range from white, to deep purple. You may want to stay away from anything bright yellow or orange that borders on neon. It kind of takes away from the professional business woman look.
5. Next on the list is the simple spring office dress. The style this year is to hide it all. The dresses sort of drape over and don’t really reveal the shape, but look very classy. This is a big change from the tight fitting revealing dresses that we have seen in the past. When looking for your business dress look for something that is comfortable and not tight. Sleeveless or short sleeve dresses are definitely the way to go for the spring months.
6. Of course no woman’s wardrobe is complete without the perfect spring bag. You will want to find a bag that goes with everything and can hold your umbrella and rainy day shoes when needed. Look for a neutral color and a bag that will work for different occasions. Saving money by buying a bag you can take anywhere is definitely one of the biggest trends right now.
7. A professional looking spring jacket. For those days when it is not raining but just a little chilly outside you will want to have a nice spring jacket to put on. A waist length jacket is perfect for the professional business woman. White or cream spring jackets usually go with just about anything.
8. Last but certainly not least is the perfect spring shoes. For women this usually means investing in at least two pairs. You will want one spring shoe for the days when your in the mood for heels and one when you are in the mood for something a little flatter. The styles that they have out now are very comfortable. Many of the shoes now feel like sneakers, but still look business like for the office. Remember to choose shoes that have neutral colors that will match most of the items you typically wear to work.