My biggest New Years Resolution is to draw closer to Christ as I walk in my purpose. Seems like a tall order, but I believe 2009 will be a birthing process for me as well as the Body of Christ. You see, when a woman is expecting there are times of pain and struggle, but on the other side of that comes a great blessing.
When I was expecting my son, I gained 30 pounds and went from a size 4 to a size 8, so during that time all I could think about was the struggle and the pain. However as soon as my son was born something changed. I felt the greatest joy I have ever felt in my life. I saw that tiny little guy and all I could think about was what a wonderful blessing!
Although I experience great pains during my birthing period, I completely forgot about the struggles as soon as the birthing process was complete and so it is with this brand New Year 2009. I believe that God has some great things for me and for the Body of Christ. There will be Dreams realized, there will be Healings confirmed, there will be Marriages restored. I believe that 2009 will bring forth New Authors, New Ministers, New Missionaries and New Saints.
I have thought about how I will keep my Biggest New Years Resolution and maybe some of these suggestions will help you keep yours as well:
1. MAKE UP YOUR MIND: Once you’ve made up your mind that you want to accomplish something, then as the bible tells us…WRITE THE VISION AND MAKE IT PLAIN. I am going to write down what I want out of my Relationship with Christ and keep that Vision in front of me. I will have my Vision posted in a place where I will see it everyday, so that when I walk by…I’ll see the Vision and remind myself to keep pursuing after it with all my heart and with all my mind.
2. MAKE TIME: Since I want more of Christ, I have to make it happen. I have a very busy life and I have found out that it’s not always easy to steal away as they say for that private time with Christ. Therefore, I have to decide to grab moments, whether it’s in a busy airport, on an air plane or even in the car. Wherever I am, I have to know that I can communicate with Christ, even if it’s in my heart.
3. MAKE PRAISE: I’ve noticed that when I am in an attitude of praise that all other burdens seem to disappear. Praise has a way of showing you what is really important. When I am praising, it’s almost as if no one else is in the room but me and Christ. It’s as if Christ is so close that I can reach out and touch Him. I will Praise Him at all times. His praise shall continually be in my mouth!
4. MAKE NOTES: There are times that you need to remind yourself of what God has said to you in the past, therefore it’s always good to keep notes when God speaks. I will keep notes of past answered prayers which will encourage me to be still and KNOW that He is God. I will make notes of areas of my life where I need breakthroughs and watch and see how God moves in those areas. Again, it’s part of writing the VIsion and making it plain.
5. MAKE YOURSELF ACCOUNTABLE: The bible says that two are better than one, for if the one falls, another will pick him up. Therefore, it’s very important to have a accountability partner. Someone that has the same beliefs in God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Someone that you can pray with and stand in aggreement with. The bibles says where two or more are gathered, that He would be there in the mist. So, I will get connected with an accountability partner that will help me pursue God to the next level and ultimately fulfill my purpose here in the earth.
There you have it, these 5 steps will help me reach my goal for 2009 and I pray that it will assist you as well. Only BELIEVE!