My top 5 stayed the same this week. USC moved up to #6. The BCS system shows flaws with three undefeated non-BCS teams. Missouri sled to #19 thanks to an upset by Kansas. Oregon State fell out but Oregon took there place at #18. Cincinnati moved up to #13 by clinching a BCS birth. Florida State and West Virginia fell out of the rankings. Mississippi and Virginia Tech worked there way back into the rankings. The games are few next week but they decide a lot. The highlight of next week schedule is undefeated Alabama versus #3 Florida in the SEC Championship in Atlanta. The winner most likely will meet #2 Oklahoma if they can take care of business against #19 Missouri in the Big XII Championship game. #6 USC plays their rival UCLA. #10 Ball State tries to go 13-0 when they face Buffalo in the MAC championship Game Friday. #13 Cincinnati wraps up their season against Hawaii Saturday. #16 Boston College meets #25 Virginia Tech in the ACC Championship. #21 Pittsburgh wraps up their season against Connecticut.
1) Alabama (12-0) dominated Auburn 36-0. The Tide rolls into Atlanta to meet Florida Saturday.
2) Oklahoma (11-1) beat Oklahoma State 61-41. The Sooners will play Missouri for the Big XII Championship on Saturday.
3) Florida (11-1) rocked Florida State 45-15. The Gators play Alabama Saturday in Atlanta.
4) Texas (11-1) made a compelling case blasting Texas A&M 49-9
5) Penn State (11-1) waits for their fate, probably a BCS invite to the Rose.
6) USC (10-1) beat Notre Dame 38-3. The Trojans play at UCLA Saturday.
7) Texas Tech (11-1) escaped Baylor 35-28
8) Utah (12-0) awaits a BCS bid.
9) Boise State (12-0) routed Fresno State 61-10, making a statement they belong in a BCS Bowl.
10) Ball State (12-0) goes for win number 13 in the MAC Championship Game Friday against the Buffalo Bulls (7-5)
11) Ohio State (10-2) regular season complete
12) TCU (10-2) regular season complete.
13) Cincinnati (10-2) beat Syracuse 30-10 and clinches Big East Title. Cincinnati travels to Hawaii Saturday.
14) Oklahoma State (9-3) lost to Oklahoma 61-41.
15) Michigan State (9-3) season complete.
16) Boston College (9-3) beat Maryland 28-21. Plays Virginia Tech Saturday in the ACC Championship Game.
17) Georgia Tech (9-3) beat Georgia 45-42.
18) Oregon (9-3) beat Oregon State 65-38.
19) Missouri (9-3) lost to Kansas 40-37. Meet Oklahoma Saturday in the Big XII Championship.
20) Georgia (9-3) lost to Georgia Tech 45-42.
21) Pittsburgh (8-3) beat West Virginia 19-15 plays at UCONN next week.
22) Northwestern (9-3) regular season complete.
23) BYU (10-2) regular season complete.
24) Mississippi (8-4) beat Mississippi State 45-0, was 5-3 in the SEC and beat the Gators in the Swamp.
25) Virginia Tech (8-4) beat Virginia 17-14 to reach the ACC Championship Game against Boston College Saturday.