I saw this top 10 review of one of my friends, so I thought I would give it a try. I will start out with them as I think of them. I don’t think it will be hard to think of 10 inventions that I use and could not live without. So here goes:
1. Computer – My computer has to be number one for me because I use it every day to earn money online. I am working online for 10 to 16 hours each day depending on if I am tired or not. If I am tired I will stop at 10 hours. I supplement my social security with online work through my computer. I have paid for my computer 10 times over in the two years I have had it. It is indeed the most important item in my life.
2. Telephone – I’m not talking about a cell phone. I don’t use my cell very much anymore, but my telephone sits on my desk. I make all my calls from my desk. My old phone gave out and I had to go to the main phone in the kitchen to make and receive calls, and that was so inconvenient. I am so glad that I got a new phone for my desk. It is an essential part of my everyday life, as is my computer.
3. Microwave – I would be lost without my microwave. I cook a big meal once or twice a week, and we eat off the left overs all week. All I have to do is fix a plate and nuke it. My daughter and I eat this way. Since I am always busy working online, it is the easiest way for me to have good meals on the table and not spend a lot of time cooking meals.
4. Dishwasher – My dishwasher is a time saver for me. I don’t mind washing dishes by hand, but I don’t like to dry them, and I don’t like letting them drain on the counter, so the best thing for me is to have them washed and dried in the washer. In the evening I start the washer and in the morning I put the dry dishes away. It is so much more convenient for me, and there is no messy kitchen to take care of.
5. Washer and drier – I will put these two machines together, because one is not complete without the other, in my mind. I can remember my mother washing our clothes on a scrub board when I was little, and then I remember her getting an old timey ringer washing machine. She thought she was in heaven. Times have sure changed, haven’t they? I love the washer and drier. I can set them and forget them until I need to take them out. If I could get a dryer that folded the clothes and put them away, I would get that for sure, but since I don’t think those are invented yet, I love the one I have.
6. Hair drier – I don’t use my hair drier all the time, but when I am going out I want my hair to look just right, and I get the look I want with my hair drier. I like to tip my head upside down and blow it dry that way and then flip it back over my head. It is so full and seems so much thicker than it really is. I then take my round brush and round the ends of my hair to look like a long page boy and I am done. I love it.
7. Back Massager – This is an in-chair back massager that heats up and vibrates to massage the back down to the legs. It is a really nice back massager. It also has an electrical connection for your car. It plugs into the cigarette lighter of the car. It’s really nice to use this massager while in the car. Long rides can really be uncomfortable on the back and buttocks. This is a great machine to relieve pain and stress.
8. Desk lamp – I have a goose-neck lamp on my desk. It is just right for when it is getting dark, and I don’t want to put on the big overhead lamp or ceiling light. My desk lamp has holes in it for pens, pensils, calculator and other gidgets and gadgets.
9. Ceiling fan – Every room of my house has a ceiling fan. They are in use summer and winter. In the summer I use the ceiling fan to circulate the air and make it cooler in the house, and in the winter I have them on, but switch the rotation of the blades to circulate the heat in the rooms. It is an invention I wouldn’t be comfortable without.
10. Electric heater – In my office I have a brand new electric heater. We just bought one that looks like a radiator, but we just bought one that is beautiful to look at. The heater has an LCD image of wood burning. The heater resembles a fireplace insert. The heat comes from coils below the LCD screen. We are also getting a bigger one for our kitchen that looks like a fireplace with an LCD screen. This kind of heater heats the room quite well, and is very nice to watch with the lights off in the evening.
Thanks for reading!