According to the latest media reports, 75% of Americans who are shopping for gifts this holiday season are shopping at Walmart as Americans go bargain hunting. There are hundreds and hundreds of items on sale at Walmart and I compiled a list of ten items that are best sellers at Walmart with prices posted today in electronics, toys and baby items.
The day after Christmas is the undisputed busiest shopping day of the year. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I might see more discounts applied to these best sellers the day after Christmas when the real shopping starts.
Let’s start with the cheaper priced items:
1. I love the Baby’s Learning Laptop from VTech. Colorful keyboard interacts with screenthat lights up when the toddler touches a shape or an object or even feelings and emotions correctly. Learning begins early. A great value for $12.50.
2. Baby blankets are great Christmas and baby shower gifts. Walmart has the Sesame Street’s Plush Elmo Baby Blanket with pretty print for just $13.42.
3. If you don’t want to have to fiddle around with all that cnfusing camera controls and settings just to snap a picture, the cool looking Nikon Coolpix L16 Black ~ 7 MP Digital Point and Shoot camera will do the trick for $89.87. It has a nice 2.8″ LCD with 3x Optical Zoom. Powerful enough for a no frills family photo session.
4. I was looking for something that I could give my friend who just has a small toddler. I like Walmart’s Baby Trend Stroller/Travel System with Flex-Loc at $104. It looks very chic and definitely trendy, I think her baby will look very cute in this troller or baby prem as the Engish calls it.
5. The much talked about Acer Mini Laptop has caught my attention. It is the White Aspire One Mini Laptop PC Netbook with Intel Atom N270 Processor, 120GB Hard Drive and Windows XP. Powerful enough for me who wants to travel light and still get my work done and be able to connect to the internet. Walmart sells that for $348.00!! Wow.
6. If you must buy a toy for yourself or your teenage kids, the Sony PlayStation 3 80GB Console selling for $399 is this years top seller in the toy and electonics section. The graphics are great and it beats any other brand hands down.
7. A camera for the those who want a bit more and perhaps learn some advanced techniques someday. Canon Digital Rebel Xs Black 10.1MP Digital SLR with the kit 18-55-IS lens & 2.5″ LCD is a good starter SLR camera with plenty of fire power. Excellent pro-consumer digital camera for the budget conscious at a price of $549.40. This camera will do everything you ask it to. The buttons are clearly laid out and straight forward. For longer zoom, add a telephoto lens like the Canon 75-300 and you have got everything covered in time for the family get together.
8. Toshiba 15.4” Satellite L305D-S5900 Laptop PC with AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-57. Great value for $578.00. A more meaty laptop, larger memory and hard drive and faster processor. It will handle most of your software needs admirably well.
9. I wanted to replace my old TV and have set my eyes on the Sony 32″ Class Bravia LCD HDTV is the winner this holiday season. For $598 you get fantastic sound and amazing picture with HD technology
10. Dell Inspiron 531S Desktop PC with Vista Micrsoft Office Home & Student Edition loaded, It has a 19″ LCD Monitor, 2.2 GHz AMD processor, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB hard drive and DVD. A mighty desktop for $598. It is amazing how far desktop computers have come as far as price and value.
It looks like I should be able to do most of my “day after Christmas” shopping at Walmart, but just in case they are sold out, I plan to go to BestBuy, Office Depot or Circuit City for electronics, laptops and cameras and for baby items, apparels and home furnishings, Target will be my choice store. Selection at Target is very good and practically every item is on sale with many items at 50-75% off. I expect every retailer to be discounting heavily in an effort to clear items off the shelves. The crummy economy is bad for retailers but definitely good for the consumers. Stretching our dollars is a superb idea right now. Well if only I could do 90% of my shopping for the entire year this coming week in December. Well, may be I just could.