Okay, so maybe the “in my life” part is stretching it, but it was definitely among the top few. My wife and I had a wonderful time relaxing in our luxurious cabin out in the middle of nowhere.
My twenty-third birthday was last Friday, and to celebrate, my wife rented a cabin called Trigger Point from Mentone Cabins. I can safely say that this was the best birthday gift I’ve ever received.
After she made the reservations, all information was transferred via email. I never had to call or talk to a single person from the beginning to the end of the transaction! However, there are phone numbers available for those that prefer that route.
And We’re Off
We were late leaving on Friday night, and when we got there it was probably close to 10pm. The porch light was on, and the whole place looked so peaceful. I was able to secure the key easily and get us into the house.
While I unloaded the car, my wife took a tour of the cabin. As I was carrying in the last bag, I heard her say, “Ben, I need you.” I was already thinking to myself how silly it was that she needed help after I just lugged in 150 pounds of luggage for a two-day trip, but I played along.
I walked up the stairs where she was and found a cute little green lizard sitting there. I bet he was enjoying the nice, warm wood on his feet just like I was, but he had to go. I scooped him up and placed him out on the front porch, and then we settled down for a little television before doing to bed.
Saturday we got up late and went for a short walk. Then we went to the store for just enough groceries to tide us over for the rest of the evening.
Sunday morning I got up and went for a run along the scenic mountain road that wrapped around the cabins. It was VERY cold when I started, but the course was so hilly that I heated up quickly! I could hear water running somewhere down in the valley, but I couldn’t see through all the foliage.
After getting back “home” and getting packed up, we took a few photos to remember our little vacation by and headed home. We were sad to go, but we are excited about going back someday! We are going to do our best to let everyone know how wonderful it was for us to stay at Mentone Cabins.
What We Loved
We decided that a few of the things we liked best about Trigger Point at Mentone Cabins were the following:
1) Satellite TV-we have no TV at home, so it was nice to just be lazy for a while. This also reminded me why we have no TV at home.
2) The guestbook-there was a guestbook provided by Mentone Cabins, so that we could write our own little thoughts about our stay. Both of us enjoyed reading the entries from all of the previous occupants. Especially the little boy (obvious handwriting) who said, “The pond needs more fish.”
3) Jacuzzi tub-there is nothing in the world like a relaxing dip in a Jacuzzi tub. We both enjoyed using it.
4) Hot tub-although we didn’t use the hot tub (I get itchy easily), it would have been a lot of fun to use if I could have! It looked warm and inviting compared to the thirty-degree air.
5) Seclusion/self-sufficiency-if you take a few groceries, you can stay for quite a while. The place was furnished with flatware and dishes, cooking utensils, linens, etc. I really wish we’d planned for a three day stay instead!
Staying at Trigger Point, one of many choices offered by Mentone Cabins, was a wonderful experience for both of us.
Sorry to the Rest of You
Mentone is a small town located in northeastern Alabama where Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama meet.