A classic Valentine is the perfect way to show a loved one that you care! Create one of these adorable pink paisley wooden Valentines for that special someone, or several for friends and relatives.
For this project, you will need (per Valentine):
– Anna Griffin “Evelyn Paisley” Print Scrapbook Paper (available in stores or online at Paper Addict)
– Light pink cardstock
– Five inch heart shaped stencil
– Four inch heart shaped stencil
– Three inch heart shaped stencil
– Decorative edge scissors
– Craft knife
– Self healing mat
– 1/4 inch thick craft wood
– Jigsaw or other tool used to cut craft wood
– Small drill
– Medium grit sandpaper
– Tack cloth or other soft cloth
– Krylon Indoor Outdoor Primer in All-Purpose White
– Krylon Indoor Outdoor Paint in Ballet Slipper
– Krylon Make It Last Clear Sealer
– Mod Podge or other decoupage medium
– Sponge brush
– Glue stick
– 1/4 inch wide pink satin ribbon
– Newspaper or large drop cloth
Cover your work area with a few sheets of old newspaper or a large drop cloth. Place a sheet of 1/4 inch thick craft wood flat on the work area. In pencil, trace a five inch heart shape onto the wood. Cut out the heart shape with a jigsaw or other tool used to cut craft wood and drill as small hole in the top. Use a sheet of medium grit sandpaper to smooth the wood. With a tack cloth or other soft cloth, wipe away any dust accumulated on the wood.
Place the wooden heart flat on a self healing mat. Spray both sides of the heart with Krylon Indoor Outdoor Primer in All-Purpose White. Let the primed heart dry for two to three hours before proceeding. Paint the heart shape using Krylon Indoor Outdoor Paint in Ballet Slipper. Allow the heart shape to dry for two hours before adding a second coat. Let the paint dry overnight before proceeding.
Set the sheet of Anna Griffin “Evelyn Paisley” print scrapbook paper on the self healing mat. In pencil, trace the four inch heart shape. Cut out the shape with a craft knife. Use the pencil to trace the three inch heart shape on the light pink cardstock. Cut out the pink heart with decorative edge scissors. Mat the light pink heart onto the paisley heart with a glue stick.
Apply a generous amount of Mod Podge or other decoupage medium directly onto the wooden heart shape with a sponge brush. Adhere the paper hearts onto the wood. Dry completely. Fill out the Valentine with a decorative pen, as desired. Spray the entire heart with Krylon Make It Last Clear Sealer. Dry overnight before inserting a piece of 1/4 inch wide pink satin ribbon in the hole at the top of the heart shape. Tie in a bow to secure.