Today everyone is trying to conserve, and a lot of weddings have had to be called off for a while due to the economic problems and job layoffs. But that doesn’t mean you can’t have a beautiful wedding, you just have to plan a cost saving wedding budget here are a few great tips to consider.
1. First money saver; try to keep the guest list down, inviting only family and close friends.
2. Have the wedding and reception in your backyard, providing you have room; I have gone to some beautiful weddings like this. You can decorate the trees with hanging wedding bells and make your own archway. You can
rent some chairs and tables if needed or borrow some if you can.
3. Consider a reception that only serves appetizers or a buffet instead of a sit-down dinner.
4. Have a friend or family member play DJ, if that’s not possible buy some dance CDs and let them play, also a great idea is renting a karaoke machine and letting the guests take turns singing, I love that and everyone will have a great time.
5. Ask a friend to help with make-up and hair as their gift; also you do not have to spend a fortune on hair and make-up it can be done at home or at a discount hair salon.
6. Wedding gowns and tuxedos can be bought on eBay or my favorite a thrift store; you will save hundreds of dollars this way. Other items such as shoes and handbags can be found also here,
Craigslist is also a great place to find these items.
7. If you have a friend that has a great camera, hire them for pictures or let that be their wedding gift, remember
pictures can be blown up and duplicated, make sure more than one person is taking pictures just in case something happens. A good idea is to put a few disposable cameras on tables for others to take shots then you can get them developed all at once. If you do hire a photographer ask for a discount package deal, some may be
willing to work for less if they can use your photos to market their work.
8. Try “do it yourself projects” for centerpieces and decor. I love doing this it is so personal and you can really
enjoy planning the wedding. You can find allot of inexpensive decorations at the dollar stores .Silk flowers for
bouquets are also a money saver and very beautiful, you can save them forever. For invitations you can design your own on the internet or try using an online invitation service to save printing and mailing costs.
9. Another great idea this one is for those who love to travel, instead of receiving household gifts etc. – register
on a honeymoon registry.
10. And last, work with other couples found through social networking sites or wedding theme blogs, you can split the costs of items that can be used several times. A great way to save allot of money.
Just remember your wedding is your special day and the beginning of a new life, going broke to pay for a wedding is not a good start.