Wall Street, big banks, and the automakers have all gotten a piece of the bailout package from congress. However, there has been one major American group left out. That being the American tax payer. It appears like there is a bailout stimulus for everyone except this group. With that in mind, why not set up your own bailout with your own stimulus package. Here are some ideas that can help.
1. Contact your local Representative and let them know that you are need of a stimulus package yourself. Tell them that you will be happy to pay back your stimulus with a vote at the next election date.
2. Pretend you own your own Lear Jet (your car) and drive around the block. Stop off at the Dairy Queen first if you get the opportunity.
3. Fix and sell your junk. Take the money and put it in a safe place. No, don’t put it in the bank. they might be sold tomorrow.
4. Argue for a tax abatement with your assessor. After all, the value on your property has went down with the mortgage crunch. Don’t over pay taxes on property of lesser value.
5. Take advantage of any tax incentives that are available. There are childcare credits, education credits, credit for lost income on stocks and bonds, (you can get up to $3000 for that) and the loss of a spouse. Check with the IRS on what is actually available to you.
6. Take advantage of energy tax breaks. After all, you did promise to try and be more energy efficient like the Automakers have.
7. Set up a direct savings account out of your paycheck. When you reach a certain amount, invest in a CD. That is if you can find one with a good rate.
8. Take advantage of other tax breaks. You can claim office breaks if you have a home based business. Start a small business and take advantage of tax breaks that are offered for a small business start up.
9. Teach yourself better frugal tips. Promise yourself not to waste money on things that you don’t need, like big corporate parties and getaways.
10. Do not decide to give yourself a pay raise. After all, that would not be fair for your stimulus package.
11. Do not let anyone know what your plans are for your own stimulus bailout package. Keep all ideas and plans to yourself.
12. Cut down on consumerism. Use coupons every chance you can. Cut them out, save them and even trade them with friends.
13. Look to purchase under valued stocks. This is the ideal time. However, be very selective. Try to line them up with the Presidents new Stimulus ideas.
14. Buy some Gold.
There you have it. Your own bailout stimulus package just for you. Oh yea! Don’t forget to ask yourself for more if you need it in the future.