Sometimes, it may come into doubt as to whether or not your mate is being faithful. It can be distressing, disturbing, heart-wrenching, painful, depressing, and worse. It can reak devastating effects on you, psychologically. Sometimes, you’ve just got to look at it as it is; for better, or for worse. Here are some signs that you are being cheated on.
1. You’ve been getting into fights lately. Your mate has been putting you down, or trying to make you feel bad. This is a psychological defense mechanism; if all the blame is on you, it makes it easier for them to go on with themselves. This is often a sign of a guilty conscience. In any case, a relationship in which there is a lot of fighting probably isn’t going to last; if they know it, and there is a lot of fighting going on, it is possible that infidelity has already come onto the table, and you just haven’t realized it yet.
2. You don’t see them as often. They may not have enough time for you; they may say they’re busy. When they’re around you, they may seem preoccupied, fidgety, disconnected, or detached. They may not seem as interested as they once were. This is a bad sign. If they are losing interest in you, infidelity may have already begun.
3. There’s not much of a sex life. Do not confuse this with that they are just tired or sexually timid, or are not easily fired-up. If, at one point, they were fireballs of sexual energy, but they seem to have lost it, it is possible that they have lost it because they have been spending it on someone else. If they have lost interest in you, sexually, and it is not due to normal factors such as age, tiredness, or psychological issues, it is possible that infidelity has begun.
4. They never answer the phone. It is possible that the phone is off because they don’t want to get a call from you, because they’re busy… with something.
5. They become overly concerned if you ask them about who of the opposite sex they have been spending time with. They may try to spin this around on you, and ask you who of the opposite sex you have been spending time with. Do not be fooled. It is quite possible that this is a defense mechanism.
6. General suspicious activity including taking a lot of showers, paying a lot of attention to physical appearance, or clothes that seem to mysteriously vanish. It’s possible that they’re trying to hide the smell of somebody else on them, are trying to impress someone else, or have left clothes at someone else’s house, respectively.
If you think that you are being cheated on, the most effective thing to do is to confront. Call them out on it. You do not deserve to be cheated on. Call it like you see it. If you are not actually being cheated on, but it seems, in all ways, like you are, then you have problems that need addressing, anyway. Good luck, and may you and your mate stay faithful.