With the upcoming Christmas holiday, it is important to remember the special people in our lives who make a difference. To any parent with children in school, remembering your child’s teacher is a must. Teachers are often overworked and under-appreciated. To know that they truly ARE appreciated makes all of the difference to them and can be a powerful motivator in their lives. A teacher who feels under-appreciated can easily begin to feel burnt out, and that will be reflected in the way the teacher teaches your children. During the holidays, there are several great gift ideas to give to your child’s teacher. Here are just a few.
1) Homemade cookies/candy. Homemade goodies are always a special treat. The great thing about giving these as a gift to your child’s teacher is that your child can help make them. Getting your child involved in the process of giving is an important part of the holiday season, and your child’s teacher will be especially touched at the effort.
2) Supply basket. Every teacher seems to always run short of certain supplies. Find out what items your child’s teacher especially needs. Fill a cute holiday basket with sticky notes, pens, tape, assorted stickers, markers, or any other items your child’s teacher has specified. Tie a beautiful red bow onto the basket.
3) Personal care basket. This basket will be one that is meant to pamper the teacher a bit. Fill it with bubble bath, lotion, a gift card to the movies or dinner, nail polish, lip gloss. Anything that will make the teacher feel a bit pampered will work in this basket. Most of these items can be found at local $1 stores, which makes it a beautiful and inexpensive gift.
4) Artwork for the teacher. Teachers are all about their students making cute, personalized artwork for parents…so why not turn the tables and have your child make some cute personalized artwork for the teacher? A handprint, along with a picture of your child…glued onto a homemade card will be very touching to your child’s teacher.
5) An apple themed basket. An apple for the teacher never gets old. Try a new slant on it. Fill a basket with items containing apple shaped items. Or fill it with apple scented lotion and bubble bath. Throw in apple shaped sticky notes, apple scented sticker. For the final touch, add a nice red juicy apple.
Remembering your child’s teacher is so important. Teachers will not forget the fact that you remembered them and showed some appreciation for all of their efforts with your child…so add them to your Christmas list and have a wonderful holiday!