Christmas shopping for tween girls – now there is a very touchy subject if ever I did see one!!
My own tween daughter is very vocal, very fussy and altogether very difficult to shop for. As a matter of fact, the subject of this article, Stocking Stuffers for Tween Girls, may be the only gift appropriate enough for her discerning taste!! So, based on her cries of pain caused by previous years gift mistakes, I am going to create for you a list of what to fill that stocking with. Things that are guaranteed to avoid those awkward moments of silence as your child looks at you in disbelief for being the least cool mom or dad on the planet!!!! However, before I give you the list I am going to give you a piece of advice. Become a spy. You heard me right. Spy on your child!! Listen in on phone conversations, sleepover conversations and watch what they play with the most. This will give you an idea of what your child thinks is hot and is not. Now for that list. Good luck and have a Merry Christmas!!
1. My daughter’s all-time favorite gift: This, of course, would be money and lots of it!! For our children we often give $1 for every year of their life. However, I have seen people give as much as $50 per child. My ex-husband’s mother and father did this from the child’s birth. And they didn’t stop at their 9 kids. When the children were grown they gave their spouses and their kids the same gift. My husband too practiced this with his kids from his first marriage as he had no clue what to give them. But don’t just throw the money into the stocking. Get creative. Give your daughter that element of surprise. Wrap it up like a mini gift in a jewelry box or put it in a card. I personally like to do the jewelry box idea since it adds bulk to the stocking. These boxes usually can be found at discount stores in bulk packages.
2. My daughter’s second favorite all time gift. This would be gift cards to the coolest stores in town. My daughter says I have no taste in clothes so every time I give her a gift of clothes it ends up coming right back at me. Instead of wasting a trip to the returns department get creative. A lot of fancy clothing stores offer little stuffed animals, makeup bags or other items of the sort that are specifically designed to hold the gift cards. This bulks up the stocking and makes this a two for one gift deal!
3. My daughter’s third favorite all time gift. Chocolates and lots of them!! She loves Hershey’s or Dove dark chocolate bars so I always stick 2-4 of these into the stocking for her. She usually squirrels them away into her room and nibbles them down to nubs over the course of the coming months.
4. My daughter’s fourth favorite all time gift. Bratz dolls and accessories. If you have a big stocking put a whole Bratz doll in. If you don’t then wrap up some accessories in small packages and fill the stocking high. You can always have the actual Bratz doll as an under the tree gift. Have her open the stocking first, that will be a clue to what is under the tree!!
5. My daughter’s fifth all time favorite gift. Jewelry and lots and lots of it!! However, you don’t need to be a millionaire to fit this bill. Go to the Dollar Store. They have plenty of costume jewelry that is absolutely beautiful and looks like the real thing. Just make sure your tween is not allergic to certain low quality metals first. Another great place is Rue21. They have a discount rack where you can buy jewelry for as little as .50$ each item!!
6. My daughter’s all-time favorite item but not at the top of my list because of cost. This would be electronic gadgets of all kinds. If you can afford it why not whip your tween into a frenzy with something she never expected in a million years!! Give her a new Kodak Easy Share Camera, a Zoon or a cell phone. These items are small enough to fit a large stocking and have a big enough impact to cause near fainting spells!!
No matter what you choose for your tween, make sure you are creative with your choices. Always wrap the items to create an element of surprise. Use bigger packaging then what you need to create an air of mystery around the package. Be unconventional. Don’t just throw stuff into the stocking!! Anyone could do that!! And, as I said before, spy on your tween. My tween loves the above items. However, after spying on her and her friends, I noticed that some tweens still like princess things from Walt Disney. My daughter hates that kind of stuff. One of her friends loves Naruto. Again, my daughter hates it. All tweens are not the same. I used to collect cars and Barbies when I was a tween!! My daughter thinks that is nuts!! Go based on your own tween’s likes and dislikes. If you combine this with my advice you are guaranteed to have the best Christmas you have ever had!!