10 Fun and Unique Ways To Announce To Your Family That You Are Pregnant
Telling your family and loved ones that you are pregnant can be one of the most memorable experiences you will ever have. They can also make for a very cute story for your new little one to hear about as they get older. Below is a list of 10 fun and unique ways to let your family in on the exciting news.
1. Buy a couple of little picture frames, decorate with pacifier stickers, balloons, etc and in the “picture insert” place a piece of paper that says “Coming Soon!” Baby (insert parents last name here) Such as “Baby Smith” – underneath put the due date.
2. Insert “I’m Pregnant” right in the middle of a conversation and see how long it takes for them to pick up on it. Such as, “I have had such a crazy week…first I found out that the cleaners lost my favorite pants, then the gas company tells me they never received my check, then I found out I was pregnant, then I had to call in the plumber to fix the leak in the house, etc…see how long it takes for someone to “get it” and just who exactly has been paying attention.
3. Have a cake made in the shape of a baby with “Coming Soon” written across it and serve it for dessert.
4. Buy cards in the Card Store specifically addressed to each person and what their new relationship is going to be to the new baby. Such as a card to Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle, Aunt, etc. and put a picture of your first sonogram inside.
5. Have your family over for dinner and use plastic see-through plates. On the bottom of each plate either put a picture of your first sonogram or a piece of paper that says “Congratulations! You are going to be a Grandma! (or whoever they will be in relation to the baby) Be sure you cover the plate with salad or an appetizer before placing it in front of them. Then sit back and wait patiently to see who “unearths” their message first. It would also make a cute momento for them to take home and keep.
6. If you already have a little one at home, have them walk around wearing a shirt that says “I am going to be a big brother or big sister” and wait to see how long before others notice it. If you don’t have another child, dress the dog in it.
7. Yell to your parents from the hall that you have a present for them and then walk in with a big red bow around your belly.
8. Have the family stand together to take a family picture and just before your husband snaps the pic have him say “Katie’s pregnant!” You’ll capture their amazed faces right in the shot!
9. If you are lucky enough to get your first sonogram on video put it in your VCR and tell your parents that you recorded something for them that you know they would both love to see. Have them hit the “play” button and watch their reactions.
10. Have a family dinner and as everyone is sitting down ask “Are you guy’s hungry?” When they answer “Yes”, say “Good. Because I have a bun in the oven.” See how long it takes them to get it.