I think that it’s safe to say that we all care about how we look. Most take pride in their appearance. I think it’s also safe to say that most people want to look their best. There are many ways that we can look our absolute best. Improve the way you look and in turn improve the way you feel about yourself.
Does our appearance affect our self esteem and the way we feel? Does our self esteem and the way we feel affect our appearance? The answer to both questions is yes. Here are ten tips that are sure to give you beauty, both inside and out.
1. The first thing that you can do to improve how you look is to take a shower or a long bath. Get clean! Get freshened up and ready for the day ahead. Starting each morning with a hot shower starts your day right both emotionally and appearance wise. You’re waking up to relaxing and soothing water. Your skin is clean and glowing. You smell great. Now it’s on to the next tip.
2. The second tip is to use lotion. Men and women alike can benefit from using lotion after bathing. Lotion moisturizes the skin and actually changes how it looks as it does. Skin will be softer, glowing, and fragrant. Dry skin can be unsightly. It’s itchy, scaly, cracking, and obviously dry. Wrinkles may appear. Using lotion can change all that. Use lotion to help look and feel your best.
3. The third tip for looking and feeling your best is to choose your clothes wisely. People don’t look or feel good in colors or styles that don’t match who they are. If you hate yellow and wear a bright yellow shirt you simply just will not look or feel your best. If your color is blue and you change that yellow shirt to a blue one you will feel better and therefore look better. As you look into your closet choose something that will feel good, as well look good.
4. The fourth tip is for ladies. Many women like to use cosmetics to look and feel their best. A light foundation or powder, some eyeliner, mascara, shadow, and a next to natural colored lipstick are all you really need. A good make up job only takes five minutes. After you get out of your morning shower your facial skin is ready. Your makeup will look better on freshly washed skin too.
5. The fifth tip is to use a perfume or cologne. When you know you smell good you’ll feel good. When you both smell and feel good you’ll look great. The best scents are light and pleasing, not too strong or over bearing. Choose a scent you love. If you love it others will as well. Scents can also help to improve our mood. It goes along the lines of aroma therapy.
6. The sixth thing you can do to look and feel your best is to relax. Stress is hard on an appearance. When we are stress we are not feeling our best. Much of the beauty that is seen on the outside is the beauty within shining through. This is only possible when a person is happy, and at ease.
7. The seventh tip on looking and feeling you best is to make sure your health is prime. Have a checkup at least twice a year. Allergies, for example, can leave your face swollen, red and blotchy. A trip to the doctor may be all you need to improve it. A lingering condition can leave you feeling and looking drained. Get it taken care of to restore your looks, and your health.
8. The eighth thing you can do to look and feel better is to take a daily multi vitamin. Being healthy is the main factor in how well a person looks. A vitamin ensures that your body is receiving all of the essential vitamins and minerals it needs. Vitamin and mineral deficiencies can leave you looking and feeling less than your best.
9. The ninth thing that you can do to look and feel your best is to get outside. Both fresh air and sunlight can greatly improve the way you not only look, but again, the way you feel too. Why apply a tanning lotion or spray when you can go outside and get a natural tan. The real thing will always look better. People often think that they will not tan if they use a sun block. This is not true! You can protect your self and still tan.
10. The tenth and final tip that will help you to look and feel your best each and every day is to get enough sleep. When your body is tired and dragging so are you. You will look and feel exhausted. Getting enough sleep ensures that you will look and feel refreshed. Everything about you will look and feel better for doing so. Thanks for reading and take care!