The year is coming to a close and it’s time to collect all your receipts, check book ledgers and W2s. It’s tax time again. Are you wondering where to find all the 2008 Massachusetts State Tax forms and Federal Tax forms in Mansfield, MA?
Finding the right tax forms in Mansfield, MA is easy. Just visit the Mansfield Public Library at 255 Hope Street, right next to Memorial Park; in fact, they share the parking lot. The library has most of the Federal and Massachusetts State tax forms an individual, married couple, single person, or small business owner needs to complete their taxes.
The Mansfield Public Library is open Mon. through Thursday from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM, Friday and Saturday from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM, and Sunday 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM. The library is a very convenient place to pick up the following Federal tax forms:
– 1040 tax booklets which include instructions and forms for Schedules A, and B for itemized deductions; Schedule C for profit and loss from business; Schedule D for capital gains and losses; Schedule EIC for earned income credit; Schedule F for profit and loss from farming; Schedule R for credit for the elderly; and Schedule SE for self-employment tax. There are also a few other schedules in the 1040 booklet that most filers don’t use.
– Form 8829 is not in the 1040 booklet but the library has the individual form. This form is for business use of your home. Day care providers and home office workers need this form to deduct the space used in their homes.
– Form 1098 is for student loan interest deductions. Make sure you pick one up to take advantage of this deduction
– Form 8809 is the form needed for filing an extension for your taxes. If you just can’t get your paperwork together in time, file for an extension. The IRS will give you an extra six months to file.
– 1040ES is for individuals who are filing
– 1040EZ for is for individuals or married couples who have no dependents and make less than $100,000.00 per year.
– 2008 Massachusetts State Tax booklet is also available with all the schedules needed for filing your taxes.
The Mansfield Post Office at 12 Giles Place right off Rte. 106 and Copeland Drive also carries the same tax forms available to the public as at the Mansfield Public Library. If you are traveling past the post office and want to pick up your 2008 tax forms, just pull in and pick them up in the lobby. The post office is open Monday through Friday form 8:30 AM until 5:00 PM and on Saturday from 9:00 AM until 12:00 PM.
For more information on all of these 2008 Federal Tax forms, visit the Internal Revenue Service website. You will find all the schedules and instructions you need. All the 2008 tax forms and publications are downloadable in html or pdf format. The 2008 Massachusetts State Tax forms can also be found on the MA DOR website. If you can’t make it to the library, this is a convenient way to go.