Destination weddings are weddings held at beautiful destinations located far away from the couple’s hometown. Recent surveys show a rapid increase in the number of people opting for destination weddings. The toughest job for the couples, however, would be to choose the perfect location for the wedding. Planning a dream destination wedding becomes, by itself, a most interesting experience. Given below are the top ten most sought after wedding venues from all over the world:
- United States of America: Home to some of the best beaches, cliffs, hills and mountains and also some of the biggest cities in the US, California is well known as an adventurous and romantic wedding destination. You can have the option of a romantic, quiet wedding at Pismo beach or go for a jazzy wedding at Los Angeles. A fashionable wedding at the fancy nooks of New York City, a quiet event at Long Island or a splendid sunny wedding at the stunning beaches of Hawaii.You can have your pick.
- Mauritius: Mauritius is an island located in the Indian Ocean, which has been a favorite tourist and wedding destination for long. It is known to be one of the most scenic places around the world. The weather is always perfect and the atmosphere friendly to provide you with an experience that you will always want to remember.
- Scotland: Scotland boasts of many quaint places, impressive gardens and even old castles that would make your wedding day even more special. Opt for Scotland if you have always dreamt of a fairytale wedding.
- Jamaica: Getting married amidst the splendid culture, easy lifestyle and tropical climate of Jamaica, with its spectacular waterfalls and rocky mountains and fresh beaches would surely be an extraordinary experience.
- France: France is for those die-hard romantics who fancy an exquisite wedding at the fashion destination of the world- Paris or the ever so lovely French countryside the French way.
- Bermuda: Considered one of the most beautiful islands in the world, a true paradise on earth, Bermuda is decked with pink sand beaches, exclusive coral reefs and lush gardens to be a perfect place to host your wedding.
- Rome: The gardens, villas, chapels and grand churches in Rome also are some of the best wedding venues around the world. You also get to enjoy the most delicious Italian cuisine.
- London: The heart of Europe offers many wonderful opportunities for couples who have decided to tie the knot. There are quiet gardens, villas and of course the world famous churches where celebrity marriages take place.
- Venice: If you desire a unique and unusual wedding, Venice is surely the best choice for you. Get married on a luxurious gondola even while cruising down the canals in this dazzling Italian city.
- India: Also known as the Enchanted land and located in the heart of the mystical east, India would be a great option for those with an adventurous spirit. The land of rivers, mountains, beaches, backwaters, forts, gardens and also many magnificent churches, India offers a lot of options for you to choose and plan your dream wedding.
This list is just the start. When you are planning that perfect dream destination wedding, make sure to find the spot that is just right for you and your spouse to be!