For the religious or Christian, you can find many passages of the Bible that speak to and of romantic love. When you are in love but don’t know how to express it, why not rely on these passages to express yourself though home made greeting cards, love coupons, and gifts.
Let these 12 passages help you express yourself to the love of your life on Valentines Day, your anniversary or you can easily be romantic with a note in a lunch box or on a pillowcase with these bible verses on love, marriage and romance.
Genesis 29:20 So Jacob served seven years for Rachel and they seemed to him but a few days because of his love for her. (NASB)
Gen. 2:24 For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh. (NIV)
Proverbs 5:19 A loving doe, a graceful deer-may her breasts satisfy you always, may you ever be captivated by her love. (NIV)
There are three things that amaze me-
no, four things that I don’t understand:
how an eagle glides through the sky,
how a snake slithers on a rock,
how a ship navigates the ocean,
how a man loves a woman (NIV)
Song of Solomon 1:2 Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth- for your love is more delightful than wine. NIV
Song of Solomon – Chapter 1:15-16
15. How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful! Your eyes are doves..
16. How handsome you are, my lover! Oh, how charming! And our bed is verdant. (NIV)
Song of Solomon 2:16
My lover is mine, and I am his, (NLT)
Song of Solomon – Chapter 4:9-15 (New Living Translation)
9. You have ravished my heart, my treasure, my bride. I am overcome by one glance of your eyes, by a single bead of your necklace.
10. How sweet is your love, my treasure, my bride! How much better it is than wine! Your perfume is more fragrant than the richest of spices.
11. Your lips, my bride, are as sweet as honey. Yes, honey and cream are under your tongue. The scent of your clothing is like that of the mountains and the cedars of Lebanon.
12. You are like a private garden, my treasure, my bride! You are like a spring that no one else can drink from, a fountain of my own.
13. You are like a lovely orchard bearing precious fruit, with the rarest of perfumes:
14. nard and saffron, calamus and cinnamon, myrrh and aloes, perfume from every incense tree, and every other lovely spice.
15. You are a garden fountain, a well of living water, as refreshing as the streams from the Lebanon mountains.”
Song of Solomon 7:10-12I belong to my lover,and his desire is for me.Come, my lover, let us go to the countryside,let us spend the night in the villages.
Let us go early to the vineyards to see if the vines have budded, if their blossoms have opened, and if the pomegranates are in bloom, there I will give you my love. (NAS)
1 Corinthians 13:13 Love never fails….And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. (NIV)
Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her. (NIV)
Ephesians 5:33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself. . . (NIV)
Being religious doesn’t mean not being romantic. Throughout the Bible romance and the love formed during a relationship are celebrated, physically, mentally and emotionally. Why not celebrate these passages with the one you love?