It is important for me to build up my immune system. I am being plagued more and more with allergies. These allergens that I am coming into contact is beyond my control. I figure my best defense is a good offense, thus I have decided to try to build up my immune system and make it stronger.
Here are some key facts I have learned on how to build a stronger immune system. I am hoping they will help me and maybe they will help you, too.
1. Drink the amount of water our body needs.
Experts say that you should drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. That is a bit much for me. But I am going to increase my water intake.
Why is water important? Water is what washes away toxins and waste from our body. Allergens are definitely toxins.
2. Slow down on our caffeine intake.
Caffeine can dehydrate you and can also rob you of important vitamins and minerals. Experts suggest that you drink a glass of water for every cup of coffee you drink. This will help keep everything in balance.
This sounds good since I could never give up that morning cup of coffee.
3. Try to get a restful sleep each and every night.
When we do not get the required sleep we need and the restful sleep we need, our bodies can be vulnerable.
4. Exercise regularly.
No matter what it is about our health sooner or later it will come back to exercise. Face it, we can’t hide from it, we need to exercise.
Why is exercise good for our immune systems? Exercise makes us stronger. This strength can help us to fight germs and to recover quicker when they do overtake us.
5. Eat those fruits and vegetables.
Our bodies needs these to stay healthy, to stay strong and to function properly, this includes our immune system.
6. Limit the amount of sugar and processed foods we eat.
There is just no getting around it, too much sugar and processed foods is doing nothing good for our bodies.
7. Increase the amount of Vitamin C you intake daily.
You can do this by adding a 1000 to 2000 mg of Vitamin C pills to your regimen or by drinking more juices, especially orange.
8. Increase the amount of Vitamin D and E. They help keep the immune system strong.
Vitamin D can be found in dairy products and Vitamin E can be found in such foods as wholegrain cereals, nuts and even avocados.
9. Add a multi vitamin to your daily regimen. This can help ensure that you get the right about of the essential vitamins and minerals you need daily. Make sure that it also contains the mineral Zinc, which is also known for keeping one’s immune system strong.
10. Limit the amount of alcohol you drink.
Alcohol can interfere with the normal way the body functions. This means it can affect the immune system, even comprise it.
Could these tips help to make my immune system stronger and help me to avoid more allergy attacks? I am hoping so.
Note: The writer of the above article is not a physician. Therefore the article should not be considered medical advice. The article is not meant to treat, diagnose, prescribe or cure any ailment. Always check with your physician before taking any products or following any advice you read online.