Spring break is near and everyone is planning for a vacation to enjoy the break. I am a member of the club in Richmond, VA and my club is planning to organize a Spring Vacation for our group of members. They gave us the choice to select the destination and plan for the vacation.
Keeping the economy crisis and budget in mind, we thought of selecting a destination in Virginia itself so that everyone can afford. As everybody in our group are in a mood for an outdoor vacation, we opted for Blackwater Creek Natural Area which features hiking and biking trials, and Percival’s Island Natural Area which is a park of animals and plants, where fishing is permitted and wildlife watching can be an adventure. Both these destinations are location in the Central Virginia region and in the Lynchburg city which is known as the “City Of Seven Hills”.
After selecting the destination, we started planning for our trip as effective planning and communication can make our trip worthwhile. Here are some of the tips which I have known while planning for our group Spring vacation.
1) Though Flying makes us to reach fast, we opted to drive as it is cheaper and moreover when there is a group you can enjoy driving. Before leaving check your car tires, belts etc.
2) Bringing snack food is a worth saving as we need not pay for snacks. Snacks like chips, bars etc can be stuffed in your bag. So we decided to carry the snack food while leaving as we can buy the snacks in large packets from whole sale shops like Sams or Costco.
3) If you plan your trip early, you can get the best deals. You can get the best hotel deals through online if you book early. You can find special Deals and Discounts if you go to the destination websites. Sometimes the sites offer special discounts on Resorts, Spas, Dining, Recreations, Accommodations etc.
4) Look out for different promotions the websites offer like Gasoline perks or if you book two nights, the third night is free, or some gift card.
5) Do not forget to take your prescription medications. In addition take the medicines like Tylenol, Advil, etc for safe. Carry a First-Aid kit so that in case if anybody is sick in your group, you need not run to or search the store and remember to carry your Health Insurance card.
6) It is always advisable to rent a condo or cabin which can handle large groups as it is much cheaper when compared to a hotel. Contact your destination’s staff for group accommodations so that you all can have fun under the same roof.
7) If you decide to fly, do not rent a car at your destination. Try to use the public transportation which is much cost efficient. To know more details about the public transportation schedule, contact your destination’s office.
8) You can have lot of fun when you go for vacation in a group. There are many games like Pictionary, Scramble, Cards etc which you can carry while leaving to your destination.
9) While taking road trip, try to carry your AAA card, Fire extinguisher, Pack Tools and a flashlight in case if your car breaks down.
10) Carry Traveler’s checks as it is not safe to carry large amounts of cash and be cautious of strangers and picketers.
11) Always stay with your group. It becomes harder if everyone goes in different direction and everyone has to look out for everyone else.
12) Avoid consuming alcohol to maximum extent and even if you drink make sure drink in your limits.
At last but not the least don’t forget to carry your camera/batteries/film to capture the memories which can worth lifetime. So have a safe and fun Group Spring break at your destination!