What is your New Years Resolution? According to the Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, a New Years Resolution is a commitment that an individual makes to change things such as a habit or lifestyle. It gets the name New Years Resolution due to the fact that these commitments usually go into effect on the very first day of each new year. Each year we all seem to make some type of promise to ourselves and others. It is in high hopes that we can accomplish these various goals before the following New Year arrives. See if your New Years Resolution is listed below in the Top 20 New Years Resolutions ever.
1. Lose weight. This is the top New Years Resolution on almost everyone’s lists around the world.
2. Quit smoking. This is a New Years Resolution that could actually save your life. Break that bad habit and commit to stop smoking today.
3. Stop drinking. Enough said.
4. Get a better job (promotion). We all want to better our lives. And getting a better paying job or promotion will help in achieving those goals.
5. Get married or find that special someone. I believe everyone has a special match out there, somewhere. So make the New Years Resolution to find yours.
6. Go on a vacation. Work getting you down? Stick to your New Years Resolution this year and take a well deserved vacation.
7. Save money or get out of debt. Debt. Oh that is an awful word. I just hate it. You wouldn’t believe the stress that is reduced and the worrying that will be lifted off your shoulders if you can only reduce your debt or pay it off in full. Then perhaps you can begin to put aside a little money in a savings account.
8. Buy a house or remodel your current home. Either way, change will be in your future.
9. Find a lost love or family member. Lost a loved one over the years? Reconnect with them and fulfill that empty space in your life.
10. Have children/ start a family. Thousands of people each year vow to have children and or adopt.
11. Plastic surgery. Feeling a little old lately? Maybe cosmetic surgery can help.
12. Buy a new car. Be sure to do your homework before making such a huge investment.
13. Enjoy life in the moment. Live for the moment. Don’t worry about the past or future.
14. Donate to charity or help others in different ways. The Red Cross, Breast Cancer Research Foundation, Cancer Care, American Humane Association and Save the Children are only a few you should consider when making a donation this year.
15. Organize your life. Out with the clutter in the new year. Organize your life.
16. Learn to swim. It could save a life.
17. Go back to school/ advance your education. Advancing your education could get you that great promotion you’ve been wanting.
18. Stop biting your fingernails. Yucky habit you need to break. Nail biting can lead to pinworms, dental problems and gingival injury.
19. Buy a new wardrobe. As the new year arrives, so does those new runway styles. We all want to look our best and often pledge to do so as a New Years Resolution.
20. Reduce your stress level. Very understandable New Years Resolution here. With the fast pace of our everyday life as it is, we could all use a little stress reduction.
In a recent survey, Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, found that overall 52% of participants who participated in a New Years Resolution study reported that they were confident in their success of the goals they had set forth. Yet only a mere 12% actually achieved their New Years Resolution.