Have a bunch of book lovers on your Christmas list and not exactly sure what to get them? Well, I’m here to make your shopping a little bit easier. Here are the top 5 gift cards that any book lovers on your list will be thrilled to get.
1. Visa Gift Card
– This is the universal gift card that you can get for lovers of just about anything because it can be used anywhere a credit card can be used, so it’s the most versatile of all gift cards. This gives the recipient the most freedom, so they can buy whatever book they want from whatever retail has it. Visa gift cards can be purchased at most department stores, such as Kmart and Walmart, or online here.
2. Borders Gift Card
– Borders is one of the largest and greatest book stores and it’s a pretty universal store throughout the United States. They have at least small retail stores in malls and such, but the larger location stores are the best to visit because their selection of books (along with other things, too, such as DVDs and games) will blow any avid readers’ minds. I can spend hours in there (much to the dismay of my family) trying to decide exactly what I want.
Borders gift cards can be purchased either at the store in question or online here. To find out if you have a Borders near you, click here for the store locator.
3. Barnes & Noble Gift Card
– If there isn’t a Borders near you, Barnes & Noble is the second king of book stores. Their selection, much like Borders, is absolutely incredible and includes more than just books, too. Your book lover is guaranteed to find whatever book they’re looking for (granted that it’s not out of publication, generally).
Barnes & Noble gift cards can be purchased either at the stores or online here. To find out if there is a Barnes & Noble near you, click here for the store locator.
4. Amazon Gift Card
– For book lovers looking for books that are used or out of print, this is the best sort of gift card to buy because these books can be purchased here usually for a minimal fee (plus shipping and handling, of course). There is no gas wasted in shopping at Amazon and you don’t have to worry if there’s a store near you because it’s all done online. The books are easy to find and just about anything you could ever want can be found there, including books you didn’t even know you wanted! The only negative thing you have to watch out for is that for every book you buy there’s also shipping and handling between $3 and $5, so even if the book is only $1 you’re going to get hit with those shipping and handling charges and it’s an easy way to exceed the gift card balance if the book lover isn’t careful.
Amazon gift cards can be purchased online here.
5. Powell Books Gift Card
– Again, for those book lovers that maybe like older, out of publication books, this is a good place to shop for them. They have rare books, audio books, collector books, etc, so their collection is also pretty good. The only negative side is that their only locations, listed here, are in Oregon, so if you don’t live there it might be a little inconvenient since the books will have to be ordered online and the same risks apply with the shipping and handling as with Amazon.
To purchase Powell Books gift cards, click here.