You’ve been invited to another unexpected Christmas party and you haven’t a clue what to take as a small gift. You may not even know the person for whom your gift is intended. Don’t panic, these days last minute gifts are easy.
Here is our list of Top Ten Last Minute Gifts all under $10 that anyone will love.
- Candles– Candles go with any décor so they make a great houseguest gift. Teenagers love candles in their room. (be sure to get one with safety features as some candles are fire hazards when left lit for too long and people can forget they are lit.)
- Books– Top selling paperbacks cost less than $10 and can be found in many genres. Favorites in any season include inspirational books, humor, biographies and how-to books. A good book is a welcome last minute gift for anyone who has to travel home from the holidays as well!
- Food baskets– Your local grocery store probably has ready-made gift baskets in their produce section but if they are too expensive, or if you can’t find one that meets your needs, wrap up chocolates, tea, crackers, and pre-packages cheese in a small box wrapped in holiday paper, spray painted small basket, small wooden box or even a pretty bowl.
- Plants– Live plants are available at any florist or most grocery stores with a floral department. Favorites include cacti, philodendrons, ivy, and seasonal plants (like poinsettias for Christmas.)
- Office Supplies– Yes! Office supplies! A stapler, some interesting paper with envelopes to match, a few nice looking pens and a tape dispenser make a great gift basket for a student, a home office worker, or someone who is always borrowing your things in your workplace.
- Wine, Sparkling Juice, or Cider– There are more wines and ciders in the marketplace than ever before. Don’t know if your recipient drinks? Sparkling juice in a few different flavors is always welcome, especially at parties. Your host may want to serve one right away!
- Clocks-Everyone needs them, they come in a variety of sizes, prices and uses. Alarm clocks, novelty clocks, wall clocks and travel clocks are favorites. Maybe buying a clock as a last minute gift will help you remember to plan ahead next year! (Or you’ll find yourself here next year for a new top ten last minute gifts.)
- CDs– What ever your recipients musical style you can find a CD that matches it. Don’t know what they have or what they like? Buy a book on CD or a learning CD. Even cookbooks come on disks these days.
- Set of Photo Frames– Everyone has pictures, not everyone has frames to display them. If you have a photo of the recipient display one in one of the frames. Frames can be found at discount or “dollar stores” for not a lot of money. With a digital camera and a storage card, you might even be able to use your host’s computer to print a memorable photo at the party!
- Kitchen Utensils– Men like to tool around in the kitchen too so the proper kitchen utensils are a great gift for anyone. A corkscrew, a nice looking wooden spoon set or a spaghetti fork with sauce ladle and Italian spices are always welcome!
It’s the thought that counts! Any gift is better than showing up empty handed!